- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
805 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
Showing results 1-30 of 805
What travellers are saying
- Great experience! Really friendly staff, comfortable, and perfectly on time...it’s almost a pity I slept so well as missed most of the journey!Written 28 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This review is long overdue. We engaged Alla Tours the last week of June 2012. It was very satisfactory experience. We arrived on a cruise ship with three days for seeing sights in Saint Petersburg. Russia does not allow tourists to visit freely without an escort. I contacted Alla in advance for a driver escort and sent along a detailed map showing exactly what I wanted to see. I made clear that a guide providing narration was not necessary. Additionally the escort needed to understand that my spouse and I are a male couple. My itinerary was esoteric with architecture and art ranging from subway stations, social realist monuments, czarist churches, Art Nouveau residential neighborhoods, to a canal boat ride. It all worked as planned and I thought the price was reasonable. It is a good memory.Written 6 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We booked a Tour with T J Travel for May 2020 to see St Petersburg. Unfortunately our cruise was suspended and we were unable to go with T J Travel on our booked Tour. During the Corona Virus Pandemic T J Travel has kept us updated, have fully refunded our Tour money back in a timely manner. This is a small business that would be doing it very hard and we very much appreciate their ongoing information to us and also the fact that they have given us the full refund. We would highly recommend this company if anyone wishes to booked tours in St Petersburg in the future.Written 9 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You could not fault any part, from the pick up, the transport, the locations, the food, the return to the ship, and especially the guides. What more could you need or want.Written 24 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We took a private 2 day tour of St Petersburg oct 2019 and was top notch! ALL DONE ON LINE, BEFORE OUR CRUISE STARTED. Prompt and efficient. All information and documents arrived via e mail.The company[Valeria] did not even charge my credit card until the day I started my tour.No hidden charges and no surprises.They delivered more than we expected.
Zara was our guide.University education degree in Russian history !! .Very knowledgeable,fluent in English.Cheerful .I am a railway train buff and wanted to ride the St Petersburg's Metro .She made it happen even though it was not on the itinerary.Alexander was our driver. Extremely professional and courteous safe driver.We felt very safe all the time with him around. Valeria [owner] has a fleet of low mileage Mercedes mini vans,which are very clean and have complimentary bottled water for guests. Anyone who visits St Petersburg should ONLY use this company and ask for ZARA as the guide and ALEXANDER as the driver.
M PatelWritten 17 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- As an american, coming to a country that potentially ( "politically") maybe problematic, That is in addition to the language barrier - Written as well as spoken - we felt we needed holding hands.
Keep in mind, that Russian is the spoken language - little to no English - particularly outside of Moscow or St Petersburg, Street signs, transportation Signs, directions are mostly in Russian with that "funny letters"
Tatiana in Moscow, Lillya in the golden Ring, and the rest of the trip St Petersburg and around were our guiding angles - making the trip effortless, stressless, enjoyable, informative, seamless the perfect group to hold one's hand.
From an airport pickup with delays due to lost luggage, to help in retrieving the luggage, to suggestions as far as restaurants, to booking cabs for after hour dinners - they were there without being asked.
All was arranged, with drivers, and guides, and cutting the lines at museums, and churches with escorted visits full of knowledge and information.
The only way to do Russia.
Can not say enough about the professionalism, the quality, the friendliness, the good will, the attitude. all were as expected and much much much more.
While I indicated and outlined highlights for the trip before hand, Lillya and her co workers too care of the rest, we change, and tweaked several times all were done immediately, efficiently, and with us in mind.
While Lillia put it together and were there for us Much of the time - special Shout out & thanks go to Tatiana & Alexi in Moscow, Maxim, Pavel, & Michael in St Petersburg
So for a stress free, visit on your own without the hassle of the groups and the busses - give them a chance to show you what they can do.
You will not be disappointed.Written 29 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You will never guess what you gonna see and hear during the tour. It is really hard to imagine how different Saint Petersburg can be. It was my pleasure to find everything out together with Dmitri. Strongly recommend.Written 1 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were a group of 6 adults who booked a one and a half day tour in St Petersburg during a Baltic cruise. Irina assisted us with all the pre trip arrangements and she was excellent and always responsed quite promptly to emails...... I don't think she sleeps :-)
We were picked up from our cruise terminal in a van which was always clean, warm and ready to take us to the next destination. Our driver Val was always friendly and extremely courteous, opening doors and assisting the older tour members.
Our tour guide Asya was excellent. Not only did we learn about the tourist sights we visited, we also received a deeper insight into the culture of Russians in St Petersburg. I would definitely recommend Asya as a tour guide, she is a star!! (5stars)
I would like to thank you for making all the arrangements for our group tour in St Petersburg. We really enjoyed learning about St Petersburg and your country in the 2 days. Asya and Val took such good care of us and we really appreciate all the time, patience and effort.Written 6 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used Timofey for a second time in St Petersburg. He set us up with a guide named Daria who was excellent and very knowledgeable about art and Russian history. She was the highlight of our trip. She guided us at the hermitage and Catherine’s palace. Timofey was easy to deal with over email and very straightforward. We also met him briefly at Catherine’s palace.
Highly recommended.Written 24 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I've done several of Olga's online tours in the last year. Olga is fantastic! What a joy she is when she's sharing the information during the tours. I've done most of the St. Petersburg tours with her and every time was great information. The virtual tours are fantastic as she is able to cover more locations in just an hour that you could in days. Every time was a wonderful experience. I look forward to any of Olga's tours, virtual or in person!
Please note: the When did you go is Dec 2020 which was virtual tours, not in person.Written 9 March 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are a family of four with one teenager and 8 year old. Julia suggested and customised a tour especially for us given the ages of the children and all our preferences. We did a 2 day private tour and it was excellent. Our guide Elena was very knowledgeable, personable and made our 2 days very enjoyable. We had an active tour and covered a great deal of the sites in St Petersburg in the 2 days without feeling the strain. A definite must do with Julia and the Dancing Bears Tours. You will not regret it. Highly recommend them.Written 7 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Ruslan is not only very knowledgeable and passionate about what he does but he also is very sociable and has excellent teaching and communication skills.
His tour around St Petersburg was very informative and comprehensive. And he gave us many tips for the rest of our visit.
Ruslan was so good that we decided to book his tour of the Hermitage Museum. I would really recommend hiring him as your guide for the Hermitage Museum as the size of the place is impressive and you can easily get overloaded by the amount of art pieces (and the building itself) inside. Ruslan makes it very simple (and fun) to understand the different architectural influences as well as understanding the main paintings and its meanings/symbolisms.
If you visit St Petersburg and are looking for a guide/tour, Raslan is your man!
Thanks again, Raslan!Written 19 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Petersburg