Top Attractions in Tarifa
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Very busy in July for parking. Not sure which attendants are legitimate but paid the €3 none the less to get parked up. Great sea and sand, big waves but clear sea and a cool breeze.Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved this beach & location. Could sir hours taking in the surf. A cool breeze even in July. Great to escape the hot temperatures or esteponaWritten 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very fine grained sand. Clear and fresh water. Loooong beach, where there is no need to get too crowded, unless you decide to sit too close to someone who's already there.
Can be a bit windy at times (which kite surfers love!) but when the wind is not too strong, this beach is just perfect for the sun and bathing lovers!Written 20 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Punta paloma is now fully accesible, where as before there was a military zone that limited access, unless it was for the restaurant. The ever expanding dunes, on the early stretch of the road are a must seeWritten 15 October 2019
- This is a lovely walk passing the landmarks where the Mediterranean and Atlantic meet. Only when you get out to the island do you realise is is closed for development. Views toward Tarifa are lovely as well as the Atlantic beaches on the other side.Written 5 November 2019
- Near Old town is the Castle, Castillo de Guzman el Bueno y Centro de Interpretacion. Entrance fee was 4 Euros each. Decent views and probably worth an hour of your time. If short on time, I might do other things first.Written 20 September 2020
- Lovely small beach next to Playa de Los Lances Sur where all of the kite surfers are. Not too crowded in October since the weather was chilly, but I would imagine it's a great place to hang out in the summer.Written 20 September 2020
- This is the beautiful gateway to old Tarifa and an imposing entrance to the old town. Plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby to absorb the history.Written 6 November 2019
- We sat in a nearby cafe overlooking the Church of San Mateo and decided to view the interior. What a stunning building right in the middle of the old town of Tarifa and with a superb interior. Well worth a visit.Written 13 February 2020
- This is a nice spot in the old town, and sometimes there are events like concerts organized there, which is the best way ti enjoy the plaxce, I guess!Written 3 August 2019
- This place is nothing special: there are a few restaurants that I wouldn't bother with, there's little shade when the sun is high (and it can be too warm in Summer)... It's just a place that you happen to pass by if you are wandering around the city centre!Written 3 August 2019
- read the other reviews as well for the general situation. Got a ticket, passed through customs, all good, and finally thought we are out of here. Interestingly a guy comes up who worked there and asked for our tickets saying what we paid for was not a ticket but was a sort of receipt. Goes away and gets the boarding pass thing. How did he know this? why isn't this made plain earlier? Then obsequiously asks over and over if the service he provided was good. A scam right at the very end, they are good in this country I'll give them that. But determined not to tip him so just acted angry and took the pass. So get on the boat and sit down. Leaves an hour and a half late. No info as to why. Waiting for more passengers I suppose, who can tell with this lot. Ride takes longer than advertised but by this stage are thankful it makes it into port. It seems the other company is much better. Only took this one as it was the first ticket office we walked into in Tangier, would definitely take the other line next time.Written 25 September 2017
- I requires a bit of a hike up the hill at the end of the road but the views at the end are worth the effort. this is a very old watch tower that would have been used to warn of pirates by smoke during the day and fire at night. Now it's a lighthouse.Written 14 August 2018
- I found this place not far from Tarifa and I was amazed at how pretty it was. The church is centuries old and the place is so peaceful. You can buy candles on spot. The church itself is a gem and worth the short trip from Tarifa. There is a pretty courtyard as well.Written 17 September 2018
- The highly talented and skilled Manuel Caminero produces some fabulous high quality photos. We have bought a few now and remain delighted with them. The quality of the acrylic mounting process means that these are high end art photos. Highly recommend. Have a look you won’t be disappointed.Written 8 May 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Tarifa
- The best day trips from Tarifa according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Tangier Private Full Day Trip from Tarifa/Algeciras
- Private Morocco Day Tour: Tangier from Seville
- Tangier from Tarifa Day Trip
- Morocco Day Tour: Tangier from Seville
- Tangier Full Day Cultural Excursion