Historic Walking Areas • Bridges
Tours near Kirkby Lonsdale
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This is a great river walk, with free local parking and the food van for perhaps an essential cuppa. The walk does some 'limited' access to the River Lune itself, but be careful. It is fairly flat and an easy walk.Written 2 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went to Royal Barn for Abba Tribute Evening , we had traveled from The Wirral for the weekend. The staff were amazing due to our circumstances they reserved an excellent table for us,, they couldn't have been more helpful, amazing night amazing pub, oh and pizza best ever. Will definitely be visiting again . Thankyou to you allWritten 31 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Worth a visit, accessible from a walk from devil’s bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale is a quaint old village, church is 12th century.Written 27 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We declined the steps on our visit as it was raining and it’s a steep and slippery climb, but the walk from the Devils Bridge was very calmingWritten 27 July 2023
- I thought this was a wonderful and innovative way to tell the history of Kirkby Lonsdale and its people.
You select an item from a locker and place it on the desk. This starts off a video about the item you've chosen.
The vault is a smallish room with seating for 3 people.Written 8 April 2022
- My fiancé and I have just returned from staying for a two night break away in the Leck Gallery. Our first impressions were WOW - the gallery is very unique and homely. The surrounding views were incredible. We were also able to take our dog with us for the visit which was just brilliant as we enjoyed lots of long walks & the Ingleton Waterfalls which is only a short drive away. Highly recommended to all families, couples and friends.
Sophie, Ash & Missy Moo - the labradoodle!Written 23 August 2019
- Finally got around to visiting the statue here and to admire the views down the Valley towards Mallerstang Common, and up to Wild Boar Fell.
It’s a straightforward walk, on a pretty easy track with the statue in the distance to guide you.
Very peaceful, only one other family around.
It’s two and a half miles from the road, so it’s easily done in an hour at a reasonable pace with a Labrador .
The only thing to consider, is that parking is limited, and even though it’s a B Road, it’s busy and you wouldn’t want to park right on the road.Written 15 September 2020
- Lovely little shop. The chocolates are really good quality. The brownies were perfect as well. Chocolates were on the expensive side but I think you expect that in that type of shop and the quality matched the priceWritten 19 August 2023
- This was the 4th attempt at the flight after getting cancelled because of the weather, but it was worth the wait, from helping to set balloon up and packing away, the flight was brilliant, really smooth, Ben Raven was really good and answered any questions, very informative. The views from the balloon were fantastic, the heat and noise from the burner was also an experience you cant describe but a good one We landed on a country road and Ben parked it better than some car drivers do! All in all I would recommend going on a balloon flight.Written 17 October 2023
- Love this gallery, specialises in local artists. Great place for home decor, gifts or a new piece of artwork to hang on the wall.Written 21 August 2022
- Nice store found in the "square" in Kirkby Lonsdale. The missus in particular was happy looking at clothes and accessories - she even bought a few!
The young girl working there on Sunday was friendly and helpful.
Nice to see so many independent shops as opposed to faceless chains.Written 30 March 2023
- Really good selection of chocolates and sweets, downstairs is a chocolate mine which is great for young children to visit. Its small and compact and a hard hat provided is required (especially adults).
Nice little chocolate shop, worth a visit.Written 28 March 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Kirkby Lonsdale
- The most popular things to do in Kirkby Lonsdale with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Kirkby Lonsdale on Tripadvisor
Kirkby Lonsdale Attractions Information