Military Museums • History Museums
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Brilliant museum, reasonably priced with free parking and a lovely tea room. The exhibit rooms were great - particularly the war planning room.
The Oliver Dowding video is a good place to start to get some context on the Battle of Britain, we loved watching that and understanding more around the human aspect of the BoB.
The guides are passionate and super-knowledgable. My daughter is studying WW2 at school and our guide made sure to point out lots of interesting facts he thought might be useful to her.
We spend around 3-4h in here in total, it was very quiet both in terms of noise and number of people and so gave us a great chance to review everything in detail.
There are interactive elements throughout so 11 year old was also interested throughout. I would highly recommend.Written 5 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Large park minutes from Stanmore Jubilee line station with spectacular views from the viewpoint at the top of the hill, taking in Heathrow ATC tower in the West to Alexandra Palace in the East. Canary Wharf, the Shard, the Gherkin, Post Office Tower, London Eye, Crystal Palace transmitter, Wembley stadium, Box Hill, Harrow on the hill and beyond are all visible on a clear day.Written 26 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a small, well kept garden in Stanmore that is easy to miss ( it is a walled garden so not obvious from the road/pavement and the entrance is quite small).
It is a small peaceful place with a few places to sit and admire the pretty little garden.
Nice place to be for a work lunch / picnic but kids will be bored.Written 12 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took my three year old in here for a brief respite from the heat. We went to the newer building not the ruin. She loved the stain glass and the doors on the pews. She walked around saying wow. A lovely peaceful cool place.Written 5 May 2018
- London can be a grey foggy bowl. Yet as you head north (on the grey line train) to Stanmore, you will arrive at Stanmore Country Park. It is a natural uncultured park that rises to a viewpoint from which London end-to-end can be enjoyed. The whole skyline stretches along the horizon to the south. Tip, if it has been raining, don your tweeds and wear your wellies. If you’re driving there is parking off wood lane drive.Written 12 March 2022
- The food was well cooked, tasty and generous portions. The service was a little slow hence no five stars.Written 7 May 2019
- Ok the basics are the service is good and and food excellent- we went tapas style and ordered a few starters, load of popadoms and a couple of naans, all good.
BUT this restaurant seems to put profits above safety- almost every person entering wasn’t wearing a mask as they were led to their tables. I even saw 2 guys enter the “exit only” door after parking their motorbikes in the car park.
If health and safety don’t shut this restaurant down, then they certainly won’t get any more custom from me until covid is over. One to AVOID.Written 2 October 2020
- We came here with the kids, to be honest they seem a bit unorganised still. There was only one beer pump working and that was warm so the offered me a bottle instead.
The balls kept getting stuck at the bottom of Lane, they dealt with it promptly though.
We was going to eat there but thought to go elsewhere as I said they seemed all over the place.
Could be just teething problems, will have to see.Written 24 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Stanmore
- The best outdoor activities in Stanmore according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Stanmore on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Stanmore according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Chatsworth House Tour from London
- Battle of Britain Tour
- Private Tour to Hatfield House - Home of Queen Elizabeth I
Stanmore Attractions Information