5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Kingsdown Beach is short distance from St Margaret's Bay and the White Cliffs of Dover. It is a well maintained shingle beach and whenever we have visited it has always been relatively quiet. The beach is easy to get to and there are plenty of places to park nearby.Written 20 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Superb quality Albatross breakfast in the huge restaurant which is now open to non golfers. Great service and a wonderful view. Well worth the hike.Written 4 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This church is set above Kingsdown Beach and over looks the English Chanel. It is well looked after, and has family history for me, my eldest daughter was married there and my late Wife's ashes are buried in the church grounds. It is a very nice little village church.Written 2 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As a long established Kingsdown villager I enjoy the benefit of three pubs within walking distance of the village centre, two of which are real, traditional pubs, whilst one has become little more than a tourist gastro outlet.
The Kings Head is at the very centre of Kingsdown village; one of the oldest of not the oldest building in the village, dating back to the sixteenth century, whilst the landlord hails from an era pre-ice age.
The pub has evolved over centuries from a farm house into the archetypal, welcoming English village pub. With two bars and ample additional space and tables for devouring the excellent menu there’s plenty of space whether you want to socialise with locals or seek a little bit of romantic privacy.
The garden adds an additional dimension with genuine skittle alley, summer BBQ, music and tables aplenty.
Inside, real fires in winter, darts board, okey and electronic scoreboard add more depth to the experience. Oodles of art and historic photographs adorn the walls, competing with the Landlord’s eclectic and fascinating collection of curiosities.
It doesn’t get more authentic than this folks.
The excellent food menu is traditional and extensive, whilst the food itself is wholesome, satisfying and tasty. This is trad pub food at its very best.
The landlady and bar staff are a delight and service is always friendly and welcoming.
Beware the landlord’s sense of humour…..
Fully recommended for tourists, holiday makers, trippers and locals alike.Written 28 February 2023
- This is very nice quaint art shop located on Upper Street in the center of the village. It hi-lights the arts and crafts of local artists in the area, providing tourists and visitors with the opportunity to take a little bit of Kent home with them. Well worth the visit.Written 1 June 2022
Kingsdown Attractions Information