Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Loved walking around the inside of the castle, feeling like you are lost. A very basic castle, which gives you the idea of what life would have been like for a soldier in the castle. There are plenty of things to amuse children. Lovely view out to sea.Written 19 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While in Deal, you must check out the gorgeous and peaceful Deal Beach. It’s the perfect spot to stroll along the promenade and enjoy the breathtaking views. If you’re brave enough to face the chilly water, you can even go for a swim! When I visited on a bank holiday, the beach was practically empty, which made for a wonderfully serene experience. Personally, I found the Walmer side of the beach to be particularly charming, what with the fishing boats and white beach huts.Written 22 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This small museum gives an interesting insight into maritime history and explains why the time ball was so crucial to sailors. Very good value.Written 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We recently had our Wedding Vow ceremony and party there. The venue looked Georgous, the staff go way beyond to help you. It was a Great Night. The staff were truely Amazing. Would use the Astor again in a heartbeat 💓 Thankuou Allyson and your Incredible teamWritten 30 August 2023
- The pier is a simple old fashioned pier which is pleasant to walk and affords great views of the coastline. There are usually fishermen along the way and there is a nice kitchen at the end which is popular and has queues in peak season.Written 5 September 2023
- Kingsdown Beach is short distance from St Margaret's Bay and the White Cliffs of Dover. It is a well maintained shingle beach and whenever we have visited it has always been relatively quiet. The beach is easy to get to and there are plenty of places to park nearby.Written 20 August 2023
- Lovely walk along seafront to site of old castle - gardens full of beautiful flowers. Lovely place to sit and relaxWritten 16 June 2023
- Kids had a blast at my sons 8th birthday party. All exhausted at the end and everyone well looked after, such a fun party! Thanks so much.Written 27 November 2023
- Deal Old Town is lovely to walk the narrow streets looking out for signs of its smuggler's past. There are many independent shops and pubs to explore.Written 6 September 2023
- Really enjoyed our visit to Linden Hall - so good we went back the next day with friends. Fantastic eclectic mix of artists and work.Written 25 January 2022
- What an amazing gem - well worth the trip with lots of well presented and interesting exhibits and comfy seating to watch a huge range of film clips from. If in the area well worth a detour.
The optical illusions downstairs would give younger visitors lots to enjoy.Written 21 November 2022
- This is a tiny office, but stocks most brochures that you need. I found the female member of staff very chatty and helpful. Thank-you.Written 19 December 2019
- It is a great little market with friendly stallholders with a great atmosphere.Some items can be a bit pricey but there are always nicknacks you can pick up. Great crockery stall, the History Hub is always informative and the fruit and vegetables are good quality and reasonably priced.
With the flowers, like most shops, I would rather they weren't wrapped in plastic, but traditional paper.Good little places for coffee.
Really worth a visit.Written 27 June 2022
- I actualy got married here so holds very happy memeorys.A lovely old church well worth a visit.Also services are up lifting and parishioners very wellcoming.Written 3 December 2019
- Went to eat here as it had been recommended. Service was very slow 1 person taking orders and making all the drinks as well . Food was nice but very pricey and constantly interupted with others peoples drink and food orders when staff were delivering to who ever had orderd .We were then charged £5 for parking on top and only there an hourWritten 12 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Deal
Deal Attractions Information