Tours near Rainham
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This was a lovely service , left the church happy ,if more church services were like that I’m sure there would be a larger followingWritten 8 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Surprising and unexpected little gem with peaceful river views and great walks. Ruined hulk near the shoreline inhabited by an entire nation of seagulls who conducted threatening fly-bys near my drone, which they obviously viewed as a threatening metal bird.Written 23 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On fine day... love to walk stroll on the beach through the park by the park nature viewing for this time of the year just a stroll in the parkWritten 9 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- - changing rooms smell of urine
- pool area is freezing, was literally sat in the pool with goosebumps. Air conditioning was on full blast over the pool and I was under one of the vents and couldn’t believe how cold I was.
- lifeguards look really unprofessional, slouching around and not keeping an eye on the pool. I maybe saw one guy who was actually paying attention whereas another lifeguard was sat down by the window not looking. I know it’s boring watching people swim all day and you aren’t always going to be super enthusiastic, but atleast be standing or ready if you ever had to go in. I saw a little boy next to me struggling to swim out of the waves and was surprised that none of the lifeguards had noticed and generally thought I’d have to pull him into the shallow end myself.
- changing rooms need more lights, I was getting changed in the dark at one point.
- showers were abit public but that’s minor and not much you can do about that.
- very busy but I guess it was half term so I can understand. But doesn’t seem to be any rules (well I saw the rules on the wall but it didn’t seem like anyone was enforcing them)
I’ve never wrote an online review about anywhere before but thought there was so much improvement that was needed I felt like I had to say something. Speaking from experience and being a lifeguard at another leisure centre, I know what it’s like when you get so many complaints about things that are out of your control. But basic professionalism is down to you. I just came down for a weekend and wanted to go for a quick swim with a friend and was just baffled by the place. £5 is nice and cheap though so won’t knock that. But whole centre needs to be seriously improved, staff and facilities. I generally hope that it gets better in the future and this review gets taken on board.Written 7 April 2019
- Fine selection of beers, some local, all those I tried tasted excellent. Small range of snacks; ciders and wines for non-beeries. Nice garden area when/if the Sun comes out to play - and really welcoming Hosts. Will be going back soon✔️Written 13 April 2019
- This stunning little shop is packed full of beautiful home accessories and also sell lovely chalk paints for your furniture. The staff are all lovely, it's the perfect place for a no pressure browsing session for shabby chic inspiration!Written 14 September 2016
- For Mother’s Day my daughter treated us to Sunday lunch delivered to home. It was excellent, plenty of it and hot.
Photos before and after.Written 23 March 2020
- Great pub ... great staff ... good laugh ... the dj in the pub is amazing and plays excellent music . It's a real good night out !!Written 15 April 2019
- This venue is currently boarded up and has a for sale notice up. Given the number of similar venues there are in Rainha m including the new Weatherspoons i doubt if it will reopen.Written 12 February 2020
- Dropped for a quick drink and was really welcomed. They were having cheese Sunday and explained the locals bring cheese and it's all shared but would take no for an answer and allowed us to join in. Fantastic local pub, shame it's not local to me but I will visit if cycling past againWritten 7 August 2017
- I don't know how good a gym this place is, but it's definitely not the place for a couple's spa. I booked the day's spa experience. When I went, the pool could not be used for the first hour as there was an aqua fitness session going on. Even when it was free, there is at best space for 4 people to swim. There is one jug of water in the seating area, which does not get refilled sufficiently often for a place with a sauna (I did ask, but I didn't want to keep going out to do so). The saunas are OK, but don't expect luxury. And it all felt like it could do with a deep clean. As for the spa treatment, they offered a firm massage - it was quite relaxing, but was very soft - if you've got a bad back, this is not going to sort it out in any way. And afterwards, the gym called me several times (including after I called them up and asked them to stop) to try and sell me their gym membership.Written 9 November 2022
- Popped in whilst the football was on Liverpool Vs Real Madrid !!
ordered a pint of Masterbrew…...truly awful!
could not understand how it was so bad with so many fans were in there drinking.Written 13 June 2018
- Met a colleague here for drink and work discussions. Pleasantly helpful staff and friendly surroundingsWritten 12 July 2017
- I was introduced to this wonderful little shop whilst visiting a friend in Rainham one Sunday. Like Dr Who's Tardis it seems much bigger inside than out and exemplifies all that is good about a traditional second hand bookshop with the added benefit that, unlike some, the shop is neatly arranged and tidy. The staff were very friendly, the chap behind the counter on Sunday was also a history buff like me and so we had an enjoyable chat. As well as a very diverse and eclectic range of books the shop also stocks a range of antique prints matted ready for framing and a range of small vintage/antique collectables. I also liked the fact that the chap in the shop was well acquainted with the local area and able to recommend other places to visit in the area. We spent well over an hour browsing and came out with a range of books on Byzantium, the history of Tuberculosis, gene Wilder's biography, a 1950's advertising print for mum Jacqueline Wilson for my daughter and a box of soldiers for my son! If you are a book fiend like me it is worth visiting Rainham just for this shop, it's kind are sadly few and far between these days. I will be back again.Written 8 March 2020
Rainham Attractions Information