Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic day out with staff going the extra mile to explain how the mill was and what it did.
Such a rare item of history which has been preserved perfectly for future generations to see. Amazing to see 130year old equipment still working and staff passionate about the operations.
Only criticism would be the towels that the mill manufactured could have been promoted better to drum up sales. The items were all quality items and could help boost money for the mill.
Great day out and well worth the visit.Written 15 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Autumn colours are astounding. The woods are full of amazing bird life and bristling with cheeky squirrels gathering food for their Winter larders. The Stables Cafe has finally re-opened and has a great selection of hot foods - the Hot Chocolate with marshmallows & cream & a plate of crispy chips is just the treat after a bracing woodland walk! Dogs are welcome in there too! Car Parking down at The Rotunda Cafe is £2 per stay & is a short walk away from the smashing Garden Centre which is chocked full of Christmas ideas (great Cafe there too!). There’s something for everyone!Written 29 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Their cafe deserves easily 5stars, both for value and quality.
All the staff are brilliant at the whole facilityWritten 17 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an architectural building with some ornate sections to it. The grounds are well kept and there are a lot of parts to explore and take dogs for walks.
Check when it is open. We visited on a Monday when it was closed !!!1 However we could still explore the grounds and and see the house.Written 26 August 2023
- Picnic benches and car park nearby, gravel track to the Singing Ringing Tree which was doing it's thing on a breezy day. Interesting to see but you don't need long. Great views as well. Free viewing.Written 6 August 2023
- Thoroughly enjoyed the few hours we spent here, including a row round the lake. Great place for families. But no dogs allowed.Written 11 September 2023
- Good tour excellent beer the steak pie and peas were lovely would definitely recommend this for a birthday or Christmas present.Written 25 March 2023
- Step back to a time of hard work in the industrial past.. well worth a visit. Great location next to an iconic section of the canal..Written 26 March 2021
- Great place for little ones to burn off some energy.
My son lived the football pitch and didn’t want to leave.
Food was lovely and we all enjoyed ourselves!Written 14 July 2022
- We had a lovely lunch sat undercover outside in the warm rain, service was excellent and the view was great, food was lovelyWritten 9 July 2023
- Been here a few times as an away supporter and i have to say its a great "Old School" football ground .
On my most recent visit i could see that there has been a bit of money spent here as the pavements outside the ground look new and its had a few coats of paint .
There is a cricket club next door where away supporters can drink and park (Although they are taking liberties at a tenner for the parking when its takes an age to get out of the place)
if i had to critique the ground from an away supporters point of view its the Gents toilets which has one entrance which also acts as an exit and at half time its absolute mayhem .
Other than that its a great place to watch football where you are close to the pitch .Written 29 November 2023
- An excellent day here at the park and a great ride on the miniature train. My daughter loved it. We were also greeted by a lovely, friendly lady named Diane(or Diana). She took our money and chatted to us while we waited for our turn. Our daughter was a bit unsure while waiting for the train and this lady made her smile. As soon as the train set off, our daughter was all smiles!
We felt the train was really good value for money and enjoyed it even as adults! Definitely worth a ride if you’re nearby!Written 18 April 2022
- Struggled a bit to find this, as the sign is small, but so glad I made the effort. A short decent from the roadside down steps led to the waters edge. Very secluded walk around the ponds, with fisherman dotted around enjoying the sunshine and trying their luck. Very natural surroundings and pleasant place for a picnic.Written 28 May 2018
- Don’t walk past without walking around this very historical part of Burnley. Look at how the Church has been added to in its history, some of the towns most impressive tombs in the graveyard..Written 26 March 2021
- We only live a 5 minute walk away from this place but it's probably only about 2 months ago that we decided to give the 1955 Bistro a try for lunch.
I would recommend booking as sometimes when we've just turned up during the week, they've also been hosting business lunches. Other times, the place can be quiet-ish but for me and peace of mind, we tend to book.
The staff are very friendly and the food is pretty good value. I usually opt for a sandwich & chips which is more than enough with good portions; I recently tried the burger and although the burgers themselves were good, the brioche bun fell apart (brioche isn't a good burger bun) and because it had been served in a basket, the bits just fell out all over the table. I did mention this to the staff so whether or not they'll rectify the serving suggestion, only time will tell.
We do try and go here every couple of weeks or so for lunch (they only serve until 3pm) which is self explanatory that this place is worth a visit.Written 21 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Burnley
Burnley Attractions Information