Nature & Wildlife Areas • Zoos
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- a wonderful place to visit and interact with all sorts of animals that you wouldn,t be able to do at a normal zoo,
the three polar bears were fantastic,many thanksto reece the keeper for giving us so much information about them,plenty of things to do,outdoor play areas and indoor eating areas welcoming if you want to take your own food,the cafe was very good and good value,the staff all were welcomingWritten 9 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stu, Ian and the team are fantastic. I went to learn to improve my trials skills… and did! My wife and daughter went to walk in the peaks and loved it. We stayed on the farm in the ‘airbandb’ stables which was lovely. All highly recommendedWritten 29 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great walk in the Peak Districts - suitable for beginners - and good fun - locals were friendly with available stops for pubs as wellWritten 24 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful woodland walk for all ages. The lake is breathtakingly beautiful. Dog walker friendly, picnic area, cafe a delightful place. There is also a steam train ride within the park. Plenty of parking. We went at a weekend so it was very busy but plenty of room for all.Written 30 October 2023
- My boyfriend and I walked from Gradbach through to Luds Church.
The walk was amazing! With a variety of terrain to tackle and beautiful sights to see. We drove from Northwich to walk this trail and it was so very worth it.
Will definitely be returning.Written 17 September 2023
- This is a beautiful reserve. Very quiet, serene and peaceful. Knowledgeable, friendly wardens. Some gorgeous woodland walks although some of the paths are quite steep. I went on a lovely June day and really I could have spent hours just sitting in the woods listening to the sounds of nature. If you’re feeling a bit stressed then a visit to this site will solve it. Highly recommended.Written 26 June 2023
- Had seen this online and cycled over to see it.Amazing working mill,lucky enough to meet Nick one of the 6 or 7 volunteers.Such an interesting place and Nick brought this to life.How with so few volunteers they look after the mills I do not know,but so glad they do.Beautiful location ,can’t recommend enough this historic site.Written 1 October 2023
- A really great arts and crafts centre a must visit in Leek.
Please review your approach to locking peoples cars in your carpark with no warning signs that it could happen or contact details left for us. We were put in a very tricky situation that could have been alot worse.Written 22 January 2023
- There’s lots of car parks in Leek, long and short stay. The easiest one for here is probably in the market square. Then you just walk across the main road and downhill a few yards.
The museum is only small but there’s lots of stuff here. I particularly liked the wallaby. There’s lots of info about the silk industry (for which Leek was famous) even some silk worms. The staff were very friendly and informative. The building is interesting too for its architecture, as are many buildings in Leek.
Worth a trip.Written 25 October 2022
- We were greeted warmly by two very enthusiastic and highly informed volunteer guides who explained and demonstrated in depth every aspect of this fascinating place. The waterwheel was running on demand and was able to be viewed at close ( but safe) quarters from inside and outside. The exhibits are displayed across three floors but know that the wooden access steps are almost as steep as a ladder particularly to the higher floor. We were the only visitors that afternoon and we strongly feel this museum should be visited more and on the itinerary of every history lover that visits the area on a day this is open. Thank you so much to our guides.Written 1 August 2023
- This is a great shop, a hidden treasure trove. It's like being taken back in time to your childhood with some great vintage toys for sale. The proprietor is friendly and very knowledgeable. Really lovely shop in a lovely market town.Written 26 January 2023
- Beautiful church open for private prayer and reflection from 10.00am until 4.00pm (M/W/F) and until noon (Sat)During a week long break in the Peak District we were based in Crowdecote, which is just over 10 miles north east of Leek. We had seen a recommendation to visit Leek, a traditional market town, which is lesser known than some of the more touristy Peak District towns. We parked in the Angle Street car park and when we walked into the town we were not disappointed.
En route we passed St Edward the Confessor Church and were informed that it would remain open until 4pm. So having spent a pleasant couple of hours around the town we popped in here on our way back to the car. Beautiful tapestries and stained glass windows inside.
As their website so clearly states:-
St Edward’s Church in Leek is a church community that meets in a beautiful medieval building but has a timeless mission:
1. good news for the poor …
2. freedom for the prisoner ….
3. sight for the blind ….
4. liberty for the oppressed …..Written 16 July 2022
- The Gallery is one of our favourite shops in Leek.Supporting local crafts people it’s the ideal place either for a present or as we tend to do , buy a picture to brighten up our home.
Very helpful owners.
Highly RecommendWritten 25 October 2020
- A lovely place to go for a walk. We walked from the car park (very small & no toilets) up to Rudyard lake and back. Great walk. Very over grown in placed and in the cow field the cows have destroyed the path so good walking boots a must however it was worth it. I would recommend to anyone for some peace and quiet.Written 27 September 2023
- Visited as part of an overnight package at the adjoining hotel and the spa element of our spa was perfect!
We came midweek so was very quiet which was lovely and there is plenty to enjoy such as saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzi and plunge pool plus the lovely spacious relaxation room.
The changing rooms are clean and have free lockers, showers and hairdryers/mirrors to use which is handy.
The complimentary fruit infused waters in the spa were much appreciated.
Me and my partner both enjoyed treatments which were also lovely and we both left feeling super relaxed and really enjoyed our afternoon!Written 18 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Leek
Leek Attractions Information