- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
24 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- This was a fun fairly level hiking trail along the Deschutes River and Benham Falls. Just remember, the "falls" are more like a VERY calm river that becomes very fast rapids as the water cascades over the large rocks in the middle and to the sides of the river. It was a beautiful day which no doubt helped our hiking, and we plan to do it again in the future, but start at the other end of the trail. The trail is well maintained and quite easy to do.Written 11 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience. My 8 and 10 year old absolutely loved it. Very educational. We did an evening viewing and loved it so much we went back next day to do a viewing of the sun during the day. The staff were very friendly and had a obvious love of astronomy and learning. I am so happy we bought a yearly pass to use at other places the membership is accepted. My kids would say this was our highlight of our Sunriver vacation. ThanksWritten 30 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The marina is a great opportunity to rent a kayak or raft to float down the Deschutes River 4 miles and get a van ride back. We made reservations and they had our rafts ready and waiting for us. It was easy to check in and we didn't have any issues getting a van ride back. We found the staff that gave us our life vests and rafts and drove us back very helpful. It's a fun float but very calm so it isn't an exciting rafting trip with rapids if you are looking for that. It took us about 2 and a half hours which is about what we expected. I recommend it except that it's very expensive. It was $150 for a 2-4 person raft and $95 for a single person kayak which is really expensive, even if you consider the van ride back. Because it's more of a calm float and only lasts about 2 hours, it seems too expensive. We had a nice time but we won't run back to do it again for that price.
We thought that they did a nice job of having some food available at the Marina and we liked the fact that they had some merchandise. We weren't happy with the sunscreen choice. They had some odd brand, Headhunters, for $18 a bottle! We had tried to get some at the local country store but they were out so we were getting desperate.
There was plenty of parking on a Friday afternoon but I can see where it could get busy. We recommend getting a reservation if you plan to go and getting there early if it's a crowded day. If you can find a way to borrow a kayak and save some money that would be a good way to go.Written 26 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There's a lot of large birds to see and a nice path. The kids loved it. Lots of beautiful photo ops.Written 27 June 2022
- Management told me on the phone that with current capacity restrictions, the best time to gain access is usually first thing when they open or after 4pm. Its nice that the website has a live cam thst shows whether or not they are at capacity. Water features are good! My 14 and 8 year old boys had a good time. Not nearly enough shade or chairs.Written 24 July 2022
- great and easy hike with family and dog. beautiful water and falls. easy to get to from sunriver. winter hike and still gorgeous.Written 21 March 2021
- It's hard to find a fun mountain bike tour on vacation but this is a good one. It's about a 4 hour ride, mostly downhill. It's a mix of single track and forest roads. You can pretty much go as fast as your comfortable if you're in the front of your group. There are three stops along the river for jumping into waterfalls or sliding on natural water slides. Chris was an excellent guide! This is a must do trip in Bend.Written 1 August 2022
- The village is always laid back fun. The restaurants were very busy, but well worth the wait. Always a great vibe especially with I e skating still happening.Written 23 April 2022
- Last month I took a series of 30 minute golf lessons from Kevin the Sunriver Resort. I have never taken a series before since I began golf. Well....... less than 4 weeks from my last lesson I had my very first hole in one at the Woodlands course. I absolutely attribute to my lessons. The 1/2 lessons gave me time to practice what I learned after each lesson. Highly recommend Kevin and Courtney for lessons in Sunriver. I live in Sunriver.Written 17 August 2019
- We always enjoy browsing through all the talented artists on display in this gallery. PLUS, you can find many unique gifts for any occasion.
Definitely a bucket list for those wandering through the Village for the first time!Written 6 March 2020
- We had a wonderful time renting an island from sunriver toy house and they brought it down to harpers bridge and off we went! It was a two hour float, a beautiful way to enjoy the river! Would love to do it again!Written 14 September 2019
- Brooke was amazing and our six kids ages 11 - 22 all had a wonderful time (while parents to SBC for a pint or two)!
Thank you!Written 2 January 2020
- This is a nice grocery store with deli items. This was half the price of the market in Bend, so we were pleasantly surprised.Written 21 June 2021
- The Mountain Jug is my favorite place to grab a beer. They always have a great selection of beer on tap (and a lot of bottles you can pick from too). I love the ambiance here. Rather than having a tv, they have a large selection of vinyl records you can play. The couches are comfy; they also have an awesome patio area during the summer.Written 5 January 2019
- I thoroughly enjoyed a one hour VR experience with my teenage son. We played a few solo games but then spent most of the time in a cooperative game. The staff was friendly and super helpful. I will definitely come again in the future!Written 22 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sunriver
- The best outdoor activities in Sunriver according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Sunriver on Tripadvisor