9 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- Called in here having found the venue on the NT website. Wow, what a great visit brought alive by our enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide. Really interesting history and lots to see with the tour demonstrating how much of the machinery worksWritten 24 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had the best day discovering some less well known parts of Dartmoor with Proper Dartmoor Tours. Our tour guide Tich Scott was entertaining and brilliant, a mine of information, with fascinating local family history, knew everyone we encountered on and off the road and such fun to spend the day with. Highly recommend!Written 24 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Finally reopened after being closed many years ago. Great link between Okehampton and Exeter, last time we visited it was a very expensive taxi from Exeter. Seems to be well used.Written 29 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent day out on the 2 e-bikes. Extremely helpful gentleman who briefed us thoroughly on the granite way and quickly resolved a minor issue with the gents bike. Great trip to Lydford where we had a light lunch at the National Trust café. Weather not great but to whizz along on these great bikes was lots of fun. Thank you, a great day out. Very highly recommended but book ahead if you want the e-bikes as they only have 2 but I understand they are in the process of getting more.Written 22 October 2022
- What an amazing adventure! We met up with Keith and Jackie not really knowing what to expect and I can tell you we were far from disappointed! Keith was so helpful during booking to ensure we had the right route for our group (kids 9,11,12 and 15). The gorge walking was a lot of fun, water clean and the scenery beautiful. Keith shared so much knowledge about the route and gave the best advice to ensure we were all having fun.
Be prepared to get wet and you will fall in but it’s honestly worth it!
The whole experience felt very safe and controlled so I didn’t feel worried as the kids jumped off rocks! Would 10/10 recommend!Written 7 August 2022
- Great walk showing us many things of interest in the habitat that would otherwise go unnoticed to us.Written 25 October 2022
- My husband booked this flight for our wedding anniverscary. He didn't realise how nervous I would be. We tried to book this a number of times but were always cancelled due to the weather.
You phone at 11pm the night before your flight to check if you are going. So on the 18th we phoned expecting to be cancelled again but NO we were on for the next morning. We arrived at Sourton at 6.30 am. There were 12 of us flying and we were taken with the Balloon to a nearby field. The basket looked tiny. Everyone helped to get the balloon out and Mandy our pilot got all the wiring organised and then warm air was pumped into the balloon. Then we got into the balloon. The burners were fired up and we gently rose. It was so gentle that I didnt have time to get nervous. The ground crew waved and we gently moved away.
The next 70 minutes sped by. We were blessed with the most wondeful blue sky and great visability and although up at about 1500 feet never felt that we were high at all. Mandy was fantastic and we then landed very gracefully in a grass field. We then waited for the landrover and trailer to pick us up.
We all helped to pack up the balloon and were rewarded with a glass of champagne. A fantastic experiance. Well worth the wait.Written 30 April 2017
- This cafe is a fantastic starting or end point if walking or cycling on the moors from Okehampton railway station! Helpful friendly staff and a great varied selection of foods drinks and snacks, all at reasonable prices. Highly appreciated and recommended, thank you.Written 8 October 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Okehampton
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Okehampton:See more tours for children in Okehampton on Tripadvisor