Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic tour of this incredible national park. The folks at El Salvatours based in Concepcion de Ataco are professional, responsive and super friendly.Written 16 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved this waterfall. I can't walk terribly well right now, but I wanted to see a waterfall all the same. This was two gorgeous waterfalls with a small swimming hole. You could take a relatively level path to get there. It's on private property, so you pay $3 to enter. It was still a little tough for me and I had to hang onto someone's arm on the dirt footpath, which goes along the side of the highway, and then onto the sometimes slippery loose rock trail once you turn toward the hills. You want sturdy shoes for sure but also bring your swimsuit!~ It was maybe a quarter-mile altogether, though it took longer for me due to the rocky conditions. When we arrived, there was one other family there enjoying the water. Just beautiful. We were there at the end of the rainy season, I'm not sure what it's like in the dry season. There's restaurant across the road that's part of the complex, it's very attractive and there are lovely fountains and a small botanical garden that requires some climbing up and down steps, but it's worth it. I'm surprised it's not better known.Written 26 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was nice to arrive at this attraction on a weekend afternoon and not find it overcrowded. Variety of thermal baths and pools in a natural tropical setting with different temperatures of hot spring water.
There is a restaurant and bar to keep you fed and watered during your day at the springs. Be sure to walk the beautiful trail that brings you to a grotto and natural pool that is filled by a cascade of steaming spring. Continue along the loop trail up the hill to the source of the hot springs. So exciting to be at the steam vents! From this point, soak in the view of the valley below and hills in the distance.
Overall, this is a chill place to bring your sweetheart or family. Here’s the kicker: Admission is only $5. Wow!Written 17 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- To get to this place, it’s a lot of off roading and going slow on dirt roads The last 40 minutes of the drive was spent dodging massive potholes and trying to keep the car in one piece. But when you arrive, you park the vehicle and take a 5 minute walk down a small path, to the river side, cross a wood plank, descend a wet and muddy path along side the waterfalls and arrive at the pools. Here you can step into the warm waters of the falls. There is a small railing you can use, but water from the hill side creates slick spots so be careful. A friend ended up slipping, losing his balance, and took a tumble over the edge, falling two stories into the flowing current. Locals jumped in after him as he fractured his wrist and dragged him to safety. There is a “guard” with a rope who assisted us, and was able to retrieve ice for our friend. It’s a beautiful area but take added precautions.Written 29 April 2023
- Very good and natural place with hot springs and good food in Ahuachapan.
Very near from our hotel La Casa de Mamapan.Written 11 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Ahuachapan
- The best outdoor activities in Ahuachapan according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Ahuachapan on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Ahuachapan according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Thermal Tour : Café Albania + Hot Springs + Ataco + Lunch
- Ruta de las Flores: Hot Springs + Coffee Tour + Nahuizalco and Ataco Towns
- Ruta de Las Flores Adventure, Relax at Hotsprings + 1930's farm Coffee Tour
- The best of Ruta de Las Flores: Bike Zipline + Ataco + Hotsprings
- El Imposible and Santa Ana volcano 2 day tour
Ahuachapan Attractions Information