Popular things to do
- Self-guided Tours & Rentals
- Cultural Tours
- Bus Tours
- Historical Tours
- Hiking Trails
- Top Picks
- Multi-day Tours
- Historic Sites
- Private & Custom Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Sporting Events
- Likely to Sell Out
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Speciality Museums
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Special Offers
Top Attractions in Salt Lake City
Admission tickets from £11.64
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Just 20 minutes from downtown SLC, it’s definitely worth coming out here to get on a trail. We did part of the Lake Blanche Trail, and some of the surrounding trails, and got lots of great views of the mountains. Would love to spend more time here, we only had a few hours in between work and travel.Written 24 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is an extremely well done museum with so many interesting and wonderful exhibits (outside & inside stuff, more inside). Couldn't even say what we liked the most, it was just wonderful and I would highly recommend it!Written 12 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a fun place to walk and talk. If you pay attention, you might see some wildlife in the gardens or in the hills nearby. One day, we saw a Coyote and a rattlesnake. It was amazing.Written 23 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very Informative - Very Friendly People
Discounting your personal faith and beliefs, I’d recommend visiting the conference center building. Lots of history of the mormon church. Free.Written 9 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Did a drive by tour and saw the beautiful capitol. We did not go in, due to time restraints. The surrounding neighborhoods were lovely.Written 16 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Besides the history and the amazing building itself, the real fame of the Tabernacle is it's acoustics. To me, this is what makes it truly a spectacular sight to experience. Here's what you need to do:
There are young “missionary” guides in the square and in the Tabernacle who were very pleasant and not at all preachy. Go into the Tabernacle and find a one of these guides. Ask them if they would do a “acoustic demonstration”, then walk to the very, very back. If possible they will go onto the pulpit and announce the demonstration. First they will shut off all electrical amplification, then play the amazing organ (or play a recording), then they will rip a piece of paper, drop a handful of paper clips and finally a single pin. It sounds like they are standing next to you. Everyone in our group, including the teens, thought it amazing.
By the way, don't miss the BeeHive house. 1/2 hour tour will give a better understanding of the times and people.Written 15 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is definitely one of the nicest shopping malls I have ever been to. It's actually more than a mall, since it's an open air shopping area. Everything is beautiful and there are also some great restaurants including an excellent and great looking food court. There is a great variety of stores. Its nice to go shopping or even just to go for a walk and lunch or dinner. It's also by a TRAX station, which is a light rail system. Nice fountains too.Written 23 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- In addition to the dome, it has very special and interesting interactive attractions. It already requires renovation of projection equipment, i hope they have it planned for the 20 year celebration !Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were surprised at how large this park was. Lots of green space, shade from beautiful old trees, and views of the mountains. Our kids loved the playground and the aviary located within the park. It was a relaxing morning here.Written 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We have a 7 and 5 year old who love animals and our family very much enjoyed our morning at this aviary. It was very clean and staff were very friendly.Written 27 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Major renovation currently, but there is still a lot of historical and architectural stuff to see within walking distance, including a few other historical buildings. You can still see the temple quite well, at the time of my visit (Dec ‘21) the original foundation is totally visible and probably still is? They had viewing windows on the east side and it was fascinating to see. You can also get a great overall view of the temple from the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial building next door.
In response to some negative reviews I’ve seen here that are somewhat unrelated to travel, I’ll say that for every person with angsty opinions about this church, there are plenty more who will tell you how beneficial and joyful it is in their lives.
To put it simply, the whole point of the church is establishing and maintaining a relationship with Christ, learning and striving to live after the loving and peaceful example he set (which of course is a life long, imperfect process for all of us humans).
Inside the temple, people simply learn teachings that will help them be Christ-like in their lives and with their spouse, and make special prayerful promises with God that they will do their best to live up to those things. That’s it. Nothing funky, nothing cult, occult, extra terrestrial, etc.
Why the limitations on who can go inside? It’s the same reason why you would limit the people who attend your special, soul searching, heartfelt prayer in the forest, the birth of your child, a special heartfelt moment with your spouse, etc. You don’t dislike people, you’re not trying to exclude anyone, there’s no elitism, and definitely nothing secret or taboo. It’s simply special and sacred, like the above mentioned examples.Written 22 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and I enjoyed a musical program performed by an organ player and it was fantastic. The program constituted of several authors.Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The hike was about 1 mile each way and the views from the top was great. Parking is on the street in a residential neighborhood. Worth checking out.Written 16 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Historic cathedral with incredible music. Check out one of the organ concerts or take a tour! Just a short distance from Temple Square.Written 26 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It's different out here, that's for sure.
The Great Salt Lake stretches as far as the eye can see. And if you can't see, you can smell it. It's not that it's malodorous, exactly; it's just distinctive.
Why I've been so fascinated with the Great Salt Lake is beyond me. The visit did not disappoint: I wasn't expecting a cozy beach day--especially not in the winter.
The idea, though, of being surrounded by nature, soaking in its vastness, made quite the impression.
We experienced the Great Salt Lake via Antelope Island. Ample parking at a variety of sights, along with restrooms, made for a pleasant ride. The causeway from the entrance of the park to the island itself gives ample opportunity for you to appreciate the true expanse of the lake.Written 7 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Salt Lake City
- The best day trips from Salt Lake City according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Pick Your Park: Private Day Tour From Salt Lake City
- Salty Queen Adventures: Spanish Fork Festival of Lights in Utah
- Christmas Lights- Spanish Fork Festival of Lights in Salt Lake City
- Private Day Tour Zion National Park from Salt Lake City
- Private Day Tour Arches National Park from Salt Lake City
- The most popular things to do in Salt Lake City with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Big Cottonwood Canyon
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Conference Center
- Natural History Museum of Utah
- Cathedral of the Madeleine
- Red Butte Garden