Speciality & Gift Shops • Distilleries
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Thoroughly enjoyed our visit! It was our first time visiting a distillery so it was all new to us. We drove in from Aberdeen to tour, and continued on to Inverness afterward. Glenfiddich is HUGE and produces a large amount of scotch it turns out! The setting of the distillery is beautiful, the ladies washroom was beautiful and the tasting area was also beautiful! Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. They allow the driver to take their samples home for safe driving. The gift shop had a lot of options to buy gifts for others or yourself.Written 3 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Totally stunning site & lovely drive up to it, but sadly no access to castle building itself, with scaffolding fence a couple of metres away from the walls & all the way around. Pleasant 5-10 minute flat walk from the tiny car park & then it's worth following the path towards the actual castle to get a better view. The sheer remoteness takes your breath away.Written 1 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Like so many castles this one is closed but can still be partially viewed from outside
perimeter fencing. For those interested enough the site is a short walk from the Glenfiddich Distillery.Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cute arrangement of fairy houses and great walk along the river too ... very intricate details and kids loved it!Written 3 August 2019
- This is a circular walk but we only walked up as far as the Giant's Cradle and Dufftown Fairy Village. It is a very pleasant fairly easy going walk up to that point. The Giant's Cradle is in a gorge and was caused by the eroding water of the Dullan. Just up a little slope to the right is a small monument and nearby The Dufftown Fairy Village.
Location: Staring point from Dufftown Museum, drive down Church Street, past the Church and you will see it is signed for Giant's Cradle. To get to it there is a lovely grassy path, a bridge and after the Giant's Cradle, Chair, and to the right, a little path with steps which take you to a small Monument and to the right of it a hollow where there it is a wonderful creation of fairy houses which children and adults alike will enjoy.
Suggestion: Walking boots or sturdy footwear.
Note: This is also a circular walk and may require appropriate footwear/clothing depending on the season. Care should be taken due to the nature of the area.
Note: It is not suitable for wheelchair access due to the terrain.Written 3 October 2018
- Dufftown Clock Tower is at the center of a small town. The town has pubs, a couple of coffee shops, a B&B and at least one hotel. The Clock Tower is also about a mile walk from Balvenie Distillery and half that from Glenfiddich.
It’s and easy drive but we took a series of trains and a bus (which runs hourly) from Edinburgh. Not a bad ride and very scenic!Written 3 March 2023
- Great farm visit. Particularly loved the goats, rabbits and hens. Good sanitation arrangements. Friendly and welcoming experience.Written 1 August 2021
- Dufftown holds so many things to absorb. So much fun... and so much to see and do...a must try for all.Written 27 May 2019
- Ace Taxis is an amazing company! I went to Scotland on a guys trip, and Ace Taxis made everything easy. They took us to and from the airport. They drove us around to distilleries. We were able to visit four distilleries and three whisky shops in one day. I had the pleasure of meeting three different drivers, and they were all punctual, professional, and courteous. They went above and beyond to make our trip special. I highly recommend using them.Written 6 August 2023
- Second visit to Dufftown, after unpacking straight down to Charles shop for a great selection of malts at the cheapest prices , includes some hard to get ones. Lovely friendly local family with a very well stocked shop ( food wise) . Well worth a visitWritten 18 October 2022
- Had the chance to join Michelle from Speyside Tours on a whisky tour and it was incredible! Forget the big-name distilleries; this is where you get the real-deal, personal touch. Michelle knows her stuff and brings you into the heart of whisky-making at these great distilleries.
Super chill vibes, so everyone's in for a good time. If you're into whisky, and wicked good company, Speyside Tours is your go-to.
PS: Can't forget to mention the homemade food – absolutely delicious and perfect for a day of whisky tasting!
Cheers,Written 7 November 2023
- What a lovely day out! We travelled from Keith to Dufftown and back in a vintage but lovingly restored diesel train. Everybody on this railway is so friendly and the driver let my grandson toot the horn on the train!Written 18 October 2023
- We were recommended to visit this pub. Didn't know quite what to expect but WOW a Real Pub with loads of whisky's . No frills. No music, a real log fire, and a warm welcome from the owner A perfect gentleman.Written 8 October 2012
- The Ginger Coo is a cosy little gift and craft shop in Dufftown.
To be honest it is probably one of only a handful of shops in Dufftown.
The shop is what it sets out to be. There is a wide selection of gifts and craft items at varied prices.
The quality of the items for sale are excellent, the paintings are by local artists, and there must be something special in the water (or whisky) in the area because the works displayed were outstanding.
The Ginger Coo and Dufftown are off the tourist main trail but they are well worth a detour to see.Written 17 February 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Dufftown
- The best day trips from Dufftown according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- GHD Clan Tour of Speyside Distilleries
- Deluxe 5 star Private Speyside Whisky Tour
- Full-Day Semi-Private Tour: Speyside Whisky Trails
- Speyside Whisky Experience
- Speyside Whisky Tour - Three Distilleries Included - Private - 5 Star Reviews
- The most popular things to do in Dufftown with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Dufftown on Tripadvisor
Dufftown Attractions Information