- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- The view is impressive! Great waves for small and big kids.
Nice restaurant. Incredible nature around.
30° for December, what else could we ask?...Written 1 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love this beach. The pelicans and hermit crabs were fun to watch. Be sure to use the hammocks in the shade, they make a great afternoon reading or napping spot.Written 1 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I enrolled in the Spanish school for 2 weeks with my girlfriend and extended to 3 as it was so much fun and the best price for lessons.
We opted to live with a local family Maria-Elena and very happy we did. The family was so lovely and experienced with people with little to no Spanish. She took great care of us, and prepared 3 amazing meals each day. Pancakes and fresh fruit for breakfast, and lots of fresh fish and veg for lunch and dinner as her sons were fishermen.
I can’t recommend this school enough, our teacher was Julian who was very experienced, patient and energetic. We became great friends. We learnt at our own pace and enjoyed team activities as a group which really advanced our Spanish. After 3 weeks it was incredibly sad to leave the teachers and our second mama in Nicaragua.Written 30 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best C/P surf lesson you can have!!
Le meilleur cours du surf par raporte au prix/qualité!
Had taken serveral surfing lesson in Nicaragua. In Surf popoyo lesson I ride the wave until the beach at least 10 times! They taugh me the body movemente step by step with detail, and explained me how to surf and stay safe.
Thanks to Surf popoyo lesson, I finally enjoy surfing calm and happy.Written 4 August 2020
- What an awesome experience. Max and his family made me feel right at home and his staff immediately made me feel like a lifelong friend.
Surf was incredible and max and his surf coaches rip (some are even pros!) so they know where and when to go. They really take the time to teach their students and I witnessed people learn to surf with zero prior experience. They do extremely professional film study and review session every day as well.
Popoyosurfcamp is respected by the local community and if you stay for extended period of time you will notice the positive impact they have had on the town. At every wave I surfed someone knew Max and had a story about how great a person he was.
I will be going back to PopoyoSurfCamp every year for the rest of my life!Written 11 July 2022
- Liquid sessions doesn’t just teach you to surf, they teach you the surfer mindset.
In just a week, I learned to
- read waves
- catch and ride them on my own
- stay safe in any situation
- become a responsible member of a surf lineup
- go out alone
- and most of all, overcome fear with gratitude
Donovan was the best teacher I could imagine. He got to know me and my goals, crafted a plan around them, found the breaks that matched my experience level and even took me out on a surprise boat trip to surf some special waves on my last day.
Stop your search, book liquid sessions, a real hidden gem in Nicaragua.Written 26 July 2021
- When it comes to surf lessons, these guys got it down! They manage to give you the most amazing time in the water while also build your confidence and skills!!! They are so dedicated to helping you learn and never leave your side. Thanks so much for such a great experience.Written 29 June 2021
- We stopped in here several times to get Wifi, information, and drinks. I wish we could recreate the Iced Latte at home...it was so good! The WiFi worked great! And we enjoyed talking with the guy (wish I'd gotten his name) who worked there and getting information from him. Great spot!Written 12 July 2017
- The golf course is a nine hole course, and incredibly inexpensive. Courses are well-maintained and challenging without being overwhelmingly so.Written 21 March 2017
- Thank you Alex Ruiz & his team with Pacific Tours Transporte for white glove service Liberia airport to Granada Nicaragua, help before trip with recommendations on protocols, pickup at the door at Airport, hands on help through immigration & customs at the border, seamless, then drop off at hotel in Granada, all transport in newer AC private cars. There are always cheaper options, for me worth it. Gracias from a espanol challenged guy.Written 24 May 2022
- I just comings back from my second trip to Nicaxtreme. Buzz is a super host, long boarder from souther California, well know in Hawaii and hosting in Hacienda Iguana for more than 8 years or so. The accommodation is super clean, the mattress like a cloud, super cozy and comfortable just step to the amazing peak at Colorado.
Fist time I went with a girl friend only chicas surf trip and now I bring my family including my two little boys
The best amenity is the food Which is included, is super fresh, huge and delicious. Daysi cook from her beautiful heart the more delicious home food you ever try. She actually cut the celery and some Hermes from her garden.
I can come back over and over again. Love this place.
Thanks Buzz and Daysi, feels like home! Can’t wait to come back!Written 16 February 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Tola
- The most popular things to do in Tola with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Tola on Tripadvisor