Bars & Clubs
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
What travellers are saying
- A super-friendly traditional British Pub. Good ale, good food.
Entertainment on several nights, pub does quite a bit of fund-raising for Great Ormonde Street Hospital for childrenWritten 12 February 2024This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The reason I'm writing this review is because a great new pub, The Black Dog Beer House, has opened not far from the Magpie & Crown. I tried the former for the first time yesterday: buzzing atmosphere, great beer, efficient staff. In contrast, the M&C certainly has good beer, but over the years we've been going here (on Saturdays before Brentford football matches) the service has been appalling. It's so slow and disinterested that beer lovers just walk out in frustration. Footfall has been getting less and less in recent times. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there was only one guy serving. He made no eye contact with customers, and just grunted when he wanted the money. I wonder if they're running it down before selling? We've certainly given up using the Magpie & Crown now; it's the Black Dog from now on. By the way, the three stars are for the beer list. The service would get less than zero. As I say, this isn't a knee-jerk reaction from one visit. This reaction is based on continual experience over a number of years.Written 9 December 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful beach, but also dangerous. Good to go during the day or with some friends. If you got some show at the sand, it also great.Written 10 July 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is definitely worth a visit, a proper pub with Great food friendly staff and a lovely garden area at the back.Written 20 September 2018