is there any possibility to get to the lodge with more than 30lbs baggage? And is there any assistance from the lodge regarding bookings of transportation to the lodge? I already sent a request via the contact form on the homepage but didn't get any reply so far. Thank you for any kind of information.
1) Does your all-inclusive package also include alcoholic beverage?
2) I read that August is rainy season. How much rain can we expect and what are the typical temps?
3) We're trying to decide on the best time to visit and our summer schedule is pretty flexible so what would time would you suggest?
We are visiting with our 3 year old toddler in July first week. Wondering if a 2 night stay with early morning departure on the 3rd day morning is good enough?
We will be staying in San Jose...would like to spend a night with you at the lodge. Do you do transportation from San Jose to the lodge?
I noticed something about a helicopter from SAN JOSE to Torteguero for $80/jperson what company is that and how often do they fly
Hello, my husband and I have booked this lodge through Expedia therefore we must arrange our own transportation from SJO airport. We arrive at 3pm at SJO and the only domestic flight I can find to Tortuguero departs at 3:30 (and there aren't any on Saturday the 22nd when we're due in Arenal) any ideas on how we can obtain these transfers from SJO to Tortuguero/Tortuga Lodge & Gardens and from Tortuga Lodge & Gardens to Arenal Springs Resort, La Fortuna, Alajuela?
Also, how where the hotel tours compared to private tours?
Hello, I plan to stay part pf my time in Jaco and I am wondering how long it takes to get to your resort and what type of transportation will I need?
Apologies up front for the length of this post: We are traveling to Tortuguero in a couple of weeks (mid-December) and staying at Tortuga Lodge with our 18 month old son. I understand that the Lodge itself is very kid friendly, but I have a few specific questions regarding a toddler-aged child.
1. Would it be appropriate or acceptable to take him on a boat tour of the canals, such as the 2 hour dawn tour? We would likely book our tours privately, if at all possible, so we don't have to worry about bothering other passengers if he becomes fussy or restless.
2. I also have a question about safety precautions on the water taxi from La Pavona, and on the canal tour boats and local water taxis. I am not a very nervous mother...I promise! But I am considering bringing our infant-specific life jacket with us. It packs fairly well and is highly rated and fits him well. Obviously, the chance of a boating accident or him ending up in the water is very low, but in my experience boats don't usually have life jackets that fit babies very well. And I expect we will be in a lot of boats during our 3 day stay in Tortuguero. Is this a silly idea, or is this a reasonable concern on my behalf?
3. Is there infant cots or cribs available?
Any other considerations or suggestions for parents of a toddler would be appreciated!
I found some local guide companies that also conduct walking tours inside Tortuguera national park. I have contacted the Tortuga Lodge several times directly and asked them do they also offer similar tours and have been told that those tours don't exist.
But I have seen other Trip advisor posts talking about them and have had several local companies offer them to me, so are they all lying or are you trying to convince me not to try to sign up for them because you do not offer them?