I'll be in Modena in a few months, how did you get the reservation? I guess I'm wondering, did you make it on line or call and what time in Italy was it when you made the reservation? I'm so looking forward to eating there. Thanks for your help.
Thanks everyone. I got myself up at 2 am and started calling the restaurant. At about 2:35, they updated the website for lunch and then a few minutes later updated the website for dinner. I'm all booked for dinner and very excited. For anyone reading this and wanting reservations, they start booking the reservations for the entire month, 3 months out. So, on July 1 at 10 am Italian time, they book all of October.
So is it easier to call them to book rather than using their website? Do they speak English? Thanks.
today i got it! i got a reservation for Nov (3 months).
And here is how to get it:
- Enter to the reservation page, about 4 hours before the 10:00am (italy time, first day of month). When I entered, i¿there was in queue about 180 people.
- and here the hint is: use a laptop with a very stable internet access, with cable better. dont use cellphone, laptop, wifi. The reason is that you need a stable connection for 4 hours. If the wifi is down, you lose the queue, if the session is closed (in cellphone happens always), you lose the queue.
- Once you are in the queue, do not refresh the screen, do nothing, literally, just keep the screen open.
- At 10:00 be alert. You will see how the queue starts to decrease. The system let in like 50 people initially, and in the way the people finish the system let enter new ones. In my case, at 10:00 am i was 120 in queue, and after 3 or 4 minutes I was in. Again, you dont have to do nothing, once the queue is finished for you, the screen will change automaticly, just wait.
- Once the screen change, you select the day, and lunch or dinner.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation email. In my case, the email toke only like 2 minutes in be sent.
Try on their website, but i know that they are full booked until end of october. But if your dates are flexible you can try with the waiting list.
The best way to make a reservation online on their website. Just search in google " osteria francescana" and click on the first result,choose english and "reservations (i can't include link due to tripadvisor posting guidelines, sorry)
I hope you'll enjoy your trip in Modena and will experience amazing culinary art in Osteria Francescana
Get quick answers from Osteria Francescana staff and past visitors.