We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
This place is disgusting and I can honestly say its the most disgusting place I have stayed in! The pictures and reviews from others on here are very accurate! We couldn't even sleep in the bed as the sheets were stained! The window didn't close so noisy and cold! We had a kettle but no cups. the shared bathroom was filthy. The carpets had many unidentifiable stains on it and the wallpaper was coming off, it was generally all round a dump, walked long corridors, some in the dark to get to our 'room'. Wish I had read all these reviews before I booked - lesson learnt!!
This place is absolutely disgusting!! We only stayed for 5 minutes I will let the photos do the talking. Yes that is vomit on the bed sheets that obviously havnt been changed for months. This crack den needs closing down
As I walked through the nonexistent foyer, I was reminded of a stag night I went on once at a strip club. Dirty red carpet and dingy lighting. As we walked up the stairs in search of our room we came across dirty walls and untreated woodwork. I’m already dreading the rest of what is yet to be seen. We get lost trying to find our room and find a dirty mattress in a corner with some discarded tables. When we finally found our room in the maze of a building, the first words to my partner were...”we are not staying here”. I get to the door and I see what is coded and I think... ahh this is where I input the six digit code they sent me. I look at the device on the door and it has 4 digits to input by way of the spinning numbers on a bicycle chain lock. The door was open anyway, I enter and see 3 doors, door A, door B, and door miscellaneous!!! Door a was mine, I opened the door to a filthy crack house that had all sorts of fluids all over the walls and lampshade, the carpet and oh my days, I can’t really explain it but I felt physically sick. The bed was a creased sheet and a skinny old quilt that was old and crappy. I took photos and have added them to the site and you can see for yourself that this place isn’t a place that should be advertised on any websites for hotels. This was a squat or a crack house, a place for the attached nightclub to bring back unsuspecting roofied girls. There was a stain on the carpet that looked like someone had been killed. The other doors were the room next door and the bathroom... oh hang on? I wasn’t told I was sharing a bathroom. At this point I’d had enough and we left, where I promptly text the hotel back and told them what I thought.
So this is how my stay began. As I walked through the restaurant to book in, I was met ( not greeted ) by the staff. I was given vague instructions of directions the rooms I had booked. As I approached the room there was glass being smashed and people in the room next door fighting. There were men bringing back prostitutes to there rooms, and people smoking in the rooms leading to mine. As I got to my room there was an overwhelming smell of crack cocaine burning! The room itself has paint cracking off the walls the oven door was smashed and missing and the steps leading out were broken with half the step missing. It was unlit and I fell down 3 steps due to it not being cordoned off. I would like to add that I had two children with me at the time aged 11 and 7 and they were absolutely terrified!! We stayed in the room for 30 minutes and left in a hurry after finding somewhere else to stay for Friday night, I told the owner who I can only imagine was part of the Turkish mafia that we were leaving so he briefly looked up from his phone and shrugged his shoulder!! As you can understand I am livid at this ordeal of what me and my children went through
If you have stayed in this Crack den in 2018 and taken any photos or where just shocked at the very low standards of health and safety. Please spend a few seconds to report to the Suffolk council before some dies there.
The fire steps are crumbling away and where there was a fire on them there is parts of the hand rail missing and nails sticking out !
As lots of the rooms are up in the loft of the building and the windows have been screwed shut, there is no air at all and they are very hot, so people are wedging all doors open including the fire doors with chairs or even fire extinguishers, if there is a fire it will cost a lot of people there lives
there is no smoke alarm in the rooms just one cheap battery one in the hall joining two or three apartments to the shared bathroom.
there is loads of dirt and dried on food in the fridge cooker and the few cooking utensils they have in the room
there was blood all other the inside of our bedroom door and even blood on the wall of the stairs on the first landing
There is no mattress protectors on the beds and sheets look like there not washed between guests, the outer cover is ripped off some of the quilts leaving the filling of the quilt to collect hair, chips of wood, blood sweat you name it
the place needs closing down and having all problems sorted it is just wrong to risk the lives of the guests and fire crew if there is ever a fire.
please if you stayed there contact Suffolk council spare a min to possibly save a life, the place needs to at least meet the basic health and safety standards