I was going to stay there with my significant other however we got to the outside of the hotel and there was a smell that you can only describe of as illegal substances. When we went inside, there was mould everywhere and the place looked a right mess. We quickly turned around and walked out. Keep away. Try the Devonshire hotel down the road, much cleaner.
Disgusting, I wouldn't even walk around the place in zoo keepers gumboots. The room reminded me of a squalid scene from a Dickensian novel. The only consulation is it's situated 2 minute's from the train station for a speedy exit.
I came to this hotel and the owner of this place wasnt very helpful he pretending he wasnt the owner pretending he just worked there as a night porter his a con artist the room was shabby dirty and I left the hotel and didnt stay and he told me he had to go through booking.com which still waiting for email bak of them his a con artist and a fraud and should be shut down I'm going to complain to the council about this
Only stop here if there is no where else to stay. We paid £68 which was 60 to much. The only good thing I can say is it was cleanish. The curtains would not shut as was hanging off. The shower rail was held up by a wire there was a big hole in the wall the window sill had holes in it .the floor moved when walked on it . There was no bedside lamp . When we got there the landlord asked us if we would like to share with our friends in the family room. Didn't get offered breakfast
We arrived and the first thing said is ‘ would you share a family room (we were 2 couples) no thanks just the rooms we booked in April please! Well there a bit dearer I said no I want the price quoted on Booking.com ok ok he said, great start!! The room photos below . Curtains hanging off (easy job to rectify if they wanted), window sill missing, hole in wall that was a bit creepy (square in the picture) the floor boards where kinda wobbly as was the toilet, the shower rail held up with!! & sellotape 🤣couldn’t even entertain having breakfast !! However it was clean in places you could see😊no covers on mattresses or pillows . Wouldn’t stay again