We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

Plano, TX
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

7/2007 - My family and I just finished five nights at #1504 in the Crystal Tower Condos at 1010 W. Beach Blvd., Gulf Shores, AL - HIGHLY recommended. Our two bedroom condo faced the ocean with a glassed-in walkway going from the north side of Beach Blvd. over the road to the largest of three pools (it had a small lazy river). The owners have put a lot of money into accomodations featuring granite countertops everywhere, dark wood, fine furniture, and three flat screen TVs. They DEFINITELY did not load up on cheap rattan and smelly old couches and chairs. We were late in booking our days which gave us a little bargaining room for a great rate...I encourage trying to make a deal with condo owners if you are "filling" in an unbooked week. The owners were very gracious and super easy to work with...book through hightiderentals.com. The Crystal Tower is 20 stories high and has its own private beach, work out facility, sauna, one indoor and two outdoor pools, arcade. The condos have internet ports and the lobby area has wi-fi (although I could not get that to work, which was probably the only "downer" in our experience). It could not have been better for the discounted rate we paid!

Gulf Shores is a great family destination...lots of restaurants, stores, and other activities if you get worn out on the beach (can that happen?). Don't miss the Lamberts or the Shrimp Basket restaurants. I hear GS is not as pricey or super-night clubby as Destin or other areas so, if you want to have some great quality family time and don't want to fight a bunch of drunkards (ooohhh....dude!), this is the place and the Crystal Tower is the condo.

phila
Level Contributor
40 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

Thanx for that info- my brother lives in Pensicola Florida which is not too far from there and Id like of place of my own to stay at when and if I can get on a plane to visit him.

Daytona Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
824 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

This isn't a timeshare property is it?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,153 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

Hi justme, I have tried several times to type in and/or copy hightiderentals.com into my computer and it comes up as an invalid address. I'd love to explore the Crystal Tower more fully. Any suggestions on how to locate it?

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

Busy-retired: You can go to VRBO.com (which stands for Vacation Rentals by Owner), and put the arrow on Alabama. Gulf Shores will come up with all the properties in alpha order. Go to Crystal Tower, and you will see many, many units for rent, however, I don't believe they are all timeshares.

Mississippi
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

We are about to go but I just had a few questions. How do they keep the pools and the beach private? Did yall have to wear armbands or just use your room keys? I'm always worried about my kids' safety. Thanks

6. Re: Great, great Gulf Shores, AL condo - Crystal Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 14:19