We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

VC1
Herts
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

Hi

We have literally just bought a gold one week three bed appartment at the above for every other year £13700 and I seem to be reading that we could have bought it cheaper off the likes of ebay but that all seems a doggy to me. Also, someone said to me that we should have bought our main resort over in the US due to the exchange rate but then what are my chances of getting a Eurpean resort as I really am not interested in the US (for the moment due to small children). Any thoughts or advice on the above? We only have 13 days left to cancel our contract so need to decide fast!

thanks for any advice

V

leicester uk
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

Hi

I just want to let you know that we have had contact from our sales advisor in the Andaluza review centre informing us that a full refund of our deposit has been made, I have just checked and yes, it is now in my account. So, after a lot of unnecessary aggravation we do now have a satisfactory result.

With regards to your query about purchasing cheaper in the US....we did this and purchased 2 gold weeks every two years at Horizons Orlando for just under £6000. WE like you had no intention of using the Orlando resort but would have used the Vacation Club for swapping this with other resorts that would suit us better.

Whatever your final decision about your purchase is I wish you all the best and hope you have many happy vacations.

VC1
Herts
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

Hi there

Glad you are all sorted!

May I ask why you cancelled?

Regards

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

VC1,

As you seem to have some concerns about the purchase the strong advice is to cancel whilst you have the time and do a lot more research before parting with your money. You certainly do need be cautious about purchasing via ebay, but it does not need to be dodgy as you put it.

I recommend you look at sites such as www.tugbbs.com which is the worlds largest timeshare related site and www.timesharetalk.co.uk which is UK based and has a smaller but no less knowledgeable membership.

Apple Valley, CA
Level Contributor
647 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

VC1,

You are not ready yet to purchase a timeshare week. Please rescind ASAP and then spend a while at tug2.net reading and reading the forums! They have a newbie section that is very helpful, a Marriott section, a buying/selling section, everything you need to know to make the best purchase for your needs.

And, yes, you could save thousands by buying resale.

I am a Marriott owner and very happy because I get the most out of my ownership thanks to TUG! It's a great online community of people who love timesharing and are eager to answer your questions about it so you don't make any mistakes! Please check them out. It is worth the membership to be able to view the resort reviews too, before making a purchase. You don't have to be a member though to view the forums or participate in them.

Good luck!

Janna

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
795 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

It seems like an awful lot you have paid for an alternative year. Platinum is the highest with Marriot. If you can, I would get out of the deal and shop around. Marriot timeshare are great but you seem to have paid well over the odds. I bought two weeks timeshare off ebay recently and got very good buys.(5% of what you have paid but they are only one bedrooms in July/August in Spain and are annual) If you are a member of Interval International, you can often get Marriot weeks in Europe for very reasonable prices. I think timeshares are great. I own four weeks but I would never pay anything like you have paid for an alternative year which is not even prime season. if you have young children, you want weeks which are in school holidays.

6. Re: Any advice - time share at Marriotts Playa Andaza spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 18:19