We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

Peteborough ON
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I thought I would ask this question. Who is better in dealing with customer service II or RCI whether is on the phone or through the internet. Any thoughts.

Norman

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,098 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

Norman I think you are going to get pluses and minuses about both companies just as you would if you included some of the smaller independants in your question.

For a number of reasons I have moved away from both and use the smaller companies, principally on cost.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

I've also moved to other companies with good results so far. Customer services doesn't seem to rate too high on either RCI or II.

Depending on what you own it's worth looking at SFX and Dial an Exchange as alternatives.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

I am with II. Never had any problems getting what I want.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
152 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

We've done well with RCI. Some recent upgrades to their website make searching a bit easier we think. Planning out far enough in advance and being ready to make a decision when you find what you are looking for is important. Having to hesitate and wait if you find a match can lose it fast.

5. Re: Timeshare Companies - II vs RCI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 23:20