We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC appartment rentals

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
NYC appartment rentals

Hi.

Planning a trip to NY next year, I was going to book into a hotel, however with the excellent deli's like Citarella I've decided that getting an apartment and doing my own cooking would be preferable.

I've looked at a few on here but no reviews does anyone have any advice on renting an apartment in NY.

Oh and it would be for about 5-6 nights end of Aug 2010.

Thanks for any you can give

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC appartment rentals

I would also check the NYC forums and take note of the various scams operating there in particular to apartment rentals.

I think you could do a lot worse that spend some time on the NYC forum checking out legitimate renatls available

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,755 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC appartment rentals

Bean has given you great advice. Renting an a holiday apartment in NYC is MUCH riskier than in some other cities. There are many outright scams. Also, short-term rentals are forbidden in many NYC residential buildings. Some unsuspecting "guests" in these illegal rentals have found themselves out on the street, and with no legal recourse.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC appartment rentals

If you look at the NYC forum there is FAQ topic that addresses the problem and/or outright illegality of short term apt rental in NYC. The thread should be to the right of the forums.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1563270…

4. Re: NYC appartment rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2010, 05:17