We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villas

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
villas

i want to rent a villa in lanzarote maybe porta del carmen or playa blanca i got a price from pure luxury villas .com has anyone used them or can any one recamend a company to me.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villas

I am not 100% sure it this is the company we used, but the villa looks the same from the pictures... Great accommodation.

bookholidayrentals.com/SP.asp?Property=3368

Scroll down; it gives you available dates. The little minimarket has most of the things you need. We walked everywhere, I do not see the point of renting a car for this property..

Other companies I have been very pleased with: Vrbo, especially for Israel &

Croatia.

vrbo.com but probably only: Gran Canaria

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villas

thank you

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villas

You're welcome. If no other replies, I would also post on Spain forum, mentioning the fact that you did post here... Or you might have done so already?;)

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villas

must do that thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: villas

Hi Tammy

i would recommend you use one of the big sites and send quiet a few emails to ensure you get the best price. Today it is not uncommon to get a 20% discount on the list price.

Why do i recommend the big sites - because a lot of the small sites are run by agents and you end up paying an agents commission of 30% and VAT of 15-20%. Thus you get much better value dealing directly with the owners. Some of the small sites are also being used for fraud too - properties dont exist or the owner doesnt know it is being advertised there.

The big sites in Europe especially for Spanish properties are

www.holidayhomeland.com

www.homelidays.com

www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

You will find many thousand properties on these sites. You will get a much cheaper holiday and have a bigger choice of places.

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villas

the company that quated me are pureluxuryviiiaslanazorote now i might be

wronging the agent but very pushie she wants 800 sterling for a week in april.she wants me to send bac transfer to her account i dont know why im uneasy their site on net very posh.

i will look at sites you sent me thanks so much

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villas

Tammy : I would second the recommendation for using

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/

Have used the site and it's excellent.

You deal directly with the owner by e-mail but by registering your holiday (once booked) with the site you are then insured in case anything goes wrong!

There are some really nice villas near the old town in P.D.C :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villas

thank you just looked up that site its fab and seems so safe i just felt the other company wanted me to transfer all the money into their account i just felt uneasy about it.now all i have to do is pick a villa so hard all so nice.

many thanks to everyone for helping me

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villas

Tammy the places that I have previously booked on this site have always just wanted a booking deposit. We have always paid by bank transfer once the owner gave us her bank details and paid balance on arrival. Each owner is different and some properties look for a damage deposit which will be refunded. Some owners can also arrange airport transfers (this happened in our case) If you are worried about a property then check to see how long they have been with the site and the reviews though of course there are some very fine new properties too :-)

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/

is also a similar site though I have no experience of using them.

Ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villas

your so good thank you it is our 25th wedding ann.and i would like it all to go ok.