We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

selling timeshare

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
selling timeshare

We own a dwvc timeshare. I have had a call today from a company wishing to purchase this from me.

The company is called blue chip sl. They are offering a good price - but ....... say I have to take out a liability insurance for 1200 euros on my credit card to proceed. They say this will be refunded once they have paid me the purchase money and have received my documents back. They say they will put the money in my bank and then collect paperwork by courier once the money is cleared.

Help - it was all going ok, till they said about the insurance - has anyone any experience?

They say dwvc (Designer way vacations) part of Timelinx are going into liquidation soon? Help and advice urgently needed - they wanted an answer tonight (8/2/2011) I have postponed this until tomorrow.

Sally-Sue

Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: selling timeshare

I would check this company out with the Better Business Bureau online to see if there are complaints against this company. There are so many scamsters where it concerns selling timeshares, you need to exercise an abundance of caution. Best of luck!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: selling timeshare

Ask yourself, "Why would they be offering a good price if dwvc is going into liquidation?". You will never hear from them again once they have your 1200 euros.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: selling timeshare

Sure they will . . . NOT!

Do not give ANYONE or any company a penny in advance to sell or buy your timeshare. It makes no sense for you to have to buy any insurance, much less a liability policy.

If you are looking to try to sell your timeshare, you may want to stop in at the Timeshare Users Group on the net . . . www.tug2.net . There you can get some honest and reliable information and advice.

Von

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: selling timeshare

I recommend you NOT TO DEAL with these companies.

The company called Blue Chip was raided by the Spanish Police raided few months ago. It seems they have started to operate again. The Spanish Police is already informed about this.

Alberto Garcia

RDO Enforcement

See tweeter @Mindtimeshare

and my blog mindtimeshare.wordpress

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: selling timeshare

Thank you so much - all of you for your brilliant replies and taking the time to do so. Really appreciate replies and when she rang back I let her do all the talking etc, then she said about paying and I just said I will not because I have checked out on the internet and I think it's a scam - she just hung up! Thank heavens for the internet! and good people like you lot! Will also check out all the sites you sent me. I just feel sorry for the people, (who like me) get so tempted to get rid of something they never needed in the first place!

Edited: 11 February 2011, 11:25
Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: selling timeshare

Never be tempted by anyone who wants you to give them money up front.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
322 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: selling timeshare

If something sounds too good to be true...it usually is...

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: selling timeshare

No. No. No. Are you kidding me? They want 1200 E up front so they will give you a good price on your time share? Hopefully you have NOT gone for this.

Bristol, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: selling timeshare

Hi, thanks for your opinions - and thanks for saving me £1200. I had another call this morning - exactly the same, from a different company. Before I listened to him, I asked how much he want up front .. he said £1290.00 - so even the price is going up! I told him politely NO THANK YOU!. I am normally at work and obviously miss these calls, so will keep you posted if I get any more.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: selling timeshare

An update on Incentive Leisure Group:

…wordpress.com/2011/…