We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandholidaysclub!!

Sittingbourne...
2 posts
Save Topic
Grandholidaysclub!!

We are original owners of a timeshare apartment in Lanzarote (with deeds) that has now been taken over by Grandholidays Club. On a recent visit the reps from Grandholidays told us that we would never be able to sell as we hold deeds and that these will pass on to our children when we die and they will forever have to pay the maintenance. The solution to this problem they offered was for us to pay Grandholidays £7,500 and they would relieve us of our deeds and give us a certificate for 900 points a week (which would only allow us to go to two places in march!! a Good deal?)We felt very pressured but did not sign up as the salesmen did not appear genuine or to be telling the whole truth!! Any suggestions would be welcome.

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grandholidaysclub!!

Hi - we own Week 52 at Club Flamingo, Tenerife that was taken over by Grand Holidays a few years' ago. My advice to you is to either keep your week and carry on visiting the resort or use it for exchange purposes only. We have used our week for exchanges with Interval International and have had some good ones. Since Grand Holidays took over the resort has undergone a re-vamp with rooms being upgraded on a rota basis. We have just received an addional invoice for 250 Euros for the upgrading of our 1 bed apartment. If we don't wish to pay this, we will be moved to another apartment that has not had the benefit of improvements (their words). We have not stayed at this resort and purely use it for exchanges. We have visited and had the sales chat, but decided to keep the week and trade in with II. From experience I rarely believe a word a timeshare rep tells me. Timeshare is good if you use it to your advantage and not theirs. We have as yet, not had any problems with Grand Holidays and welcome the improvements they are making to Flamingo. Maintenance fees this year for our 1 bed were £382.00 (plus the one off payment of 250 Euros). I expect they will start to carry out improvements in due course at your resort in Lanzarote (Oasis Lanz Club).

Sittingbourne...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grandholidaysclub!!

Thanks for your thoughts on this...we have exchanged quite a few times very successfully and will do again through II. We will keep our 2 weeks at the Oasis Lanz Club and wait with baited breath for the maintenance to go up and also for the suggestion of a one off payment...which we worked out if they ask for 250 euros a week they will be getting 12500 euros for each one bedroomed apartment for a 50 week period....I think I will go into Timeshare...it makes a good profit! The upgraded units at the Oasis Lanz Club have been given a lick of paint and they have put cheap IKEA furniture in as a replacement for the old worn out spanish style sofa's, chairs and tables.The bathrooms have hardly been touched but the kitchens have been re-fitted which is a good move. The Grandholidays Offices are wonderful..all white leather sofa's and glass tables but only the people who fall for the sales chat are invited in!

3. Re: Grandholidaysclub!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 11:16