We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uk resort exchange any info please

burton on trent
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
uk resort exchange any info please

we are thinking of putting our 2 weeks at pinelakes, carnforth with this company as we only ever exchange inside the uk. wondered if anyone had ever used them. Findind it difficult to exchange wit RCI and it is so expensive. any info?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uk resort exchange any info please

If, like me you have a second (holiday) home, then try http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com . They only have holiday homes and there’s no charge to join. You get credits if you give up a week and you can use them against any place you want to go if that member agrees to the date you want. They do charge a small exchange fee when you find your own holiday and they helped me find my holiday without charging any more for the service.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,103 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uk resort exchange any info please

Is the name of the exchange compant "UK resort exchange" or have you inadvertantly left out the name of the company. Have you considered Dial an Exchange as an exchnage company. Their website is daelive.com

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,071 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uk resort exchange any info please

I hadn't heard of them until this topic appeared and I've owned timeshare in the UK for nearly 25 years. They state that they have been in business for 20 years - they have kept a pretty low profile over that time!

Certain aspects of their website do concern me. They claim to guarantee a UK exchange in return for a UK deposit, but there is nothing to qualify that statement. They also state that availability will vary which is obviously true.

The reality is, as with any exchange organisation, that they cannot guarantee availability of a week where you want it, when you want it. They also require that you deposit your week before being able to request a week - same as the RCI model. I much prefer to be able to search before depositing. I've successfully used Dial an Exchange to exchange 3 UK weeks in the past 3 years and find them to be extremely helpful.

4. Re: uk resort exchange any info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2012, 10:15