We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timeshare sos

cheshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
timeshare sos

we are going to see a timeshare selling company called Timeshare SOS and wondered if anyone has had any experience with them good or bad. Many thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: timeshare sos

This advice appeared on another timeshare forum and says it so well

Did these people call you unexpectedly claiming they already have a buyer or can sell your timeshare for a princely sum? If so, then they are probably a scam.

Do not pay any sort of company an upfront fee to sell or rent your timeshare. They may have all sorts of funky names for it such as lien search fee, patriot tax, pre-paid closing costs, etc. if they ask you to pay such fee, then have no further dealings with them.

In short, no money should ever change hands between you and any legitimate timeshare reseller- for any reason- if they ask for any- stop taking their calls. And make sure any agreement you sign doesn't charge something in the fine print. My gut feeling is that you are likely dealing with scammers. The timeshare resale industry is filled with them.

cheshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: timeshare sos

Thank you for your reply and we shall certainly follow the advice you posted.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: timeshare sos

Hi

Have you already been as we went last Saturday to there place at Hale, could not work wether it was good or bad

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: timeshare sos

What did they say?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: timeshare sos

I tried to send a message last night but it did not post. We got sent to a company call Eco resorts who are an investment company and long story short to try and get out of my timeshare which has cost me £8000 they wanted me to invest in this property del in Dom Rep for a min of £45000. As I do not have cash they said they could arrange for a remortgage on my house. I would get returns on this investment they said ?. So I will let you decide if it is good or bad. Of you have any further questions just ask

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: timeshare sos

BAD!!!!!

I tried to make the letters bigger is how bad it is, but I can't do it!!!

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: timeshare sos

To cut a long story short for them to dispose of our timeshare they gave us 2 options bearing in mind the company that SOS timeshare sent us 2 was a investment company. The 2 options they gave us was 1 invest a minimum of £45000 and they would dispose of your timeshare and for that you should get some return on your investment which just happened to be a new resort which was being built in Dom Rep. The 2nd option was you pay a fee and they would put it in the hands of a broker and he would try and sell it for you though that options was not discussed as it was obvious that all they wanted was your investment. As I don't have that sort of money they suggested I had a remortgage for the £45000 and give that to them.

The way it was put across sounded fab but as my mother said if it sounded to good to be true then it must be. In this day and age you get nothing for nothing if you get my drift. If you want any more info just get back in touch. Graham

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: timeshare sos

Sorry about sending last nights post. I am new to trip adviser and I do not know what I am doing when I reply. Perhaps you could ans a question for me as I do not want to appear rude to anyone who spends there time sending a reply to a post that I may have posted and you have 3 replys do you have to send a reply to each person to thank them or if you send one does everyone that has commented on your post get an email telling them there is a new post and it is then up to the person to go back in and look at it if they wish.

Graham

cheshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: timeshare sos

We had a similar experience as you Graham and decided to have nothing more to do with them. As you said they are an investment company and surprise surprise they want you to put your money into a property investment.....sound familiar? Anyone reading this if you want to get rid of a timeshare and have some money back my advice would be to give this bunch a miss.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: timeshare sos

Graham, just reply here, people who have posted and want to follow the thread will have checked the box at the bottom.

If you want to reply to one person, just put their name like I have for you.

If you click on a persons name it will take you to a page where you can send them a private message should you wish to.