We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

Mobile, Alabama
2 posts
Save Topic
Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

I just want to get a dipstick reading on timeshare selling from people who have actually done it successfully in the past. I've noticed that the timeshare industry seems really depressed but I want to know how bad I've got it.

I bought this thing a while ago (years and years) but it has recently become a burden. It seems to be a lot easier to buy than to sell (obv).

I have an Orlando property and I've been consistently listing it for 50% of what I paid, even though I was promised up and down that I could sell it for its full value after I was done with it, and I haven't had so much as a nibble.

Spanish Cove, if anyone needed to know.

Are there any tricks to it that I don't know? Is trading it in for a more desirable place an option?

Thanks all.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

Orlando is a sea of timehares looking for buyers. You may have problems giving it away depending on the maintenance fees. There's a 2BD week 11 right now on ebay with a starting bid of $31.98. Not a pretty picture.

B.C.
Level Contributor
987 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

Please don't pay anyone upfront if they say they will sell or rent it for you! They will just take your money. Many, many scams out there.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,866 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

You can try advertising your timeshare - check out TUG for information

on the best ways to do this.

-------------------------------

http://www.tug2.net/

--------------------------------

Good Luck

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
606 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

Brian's Spanish Cove is one of the oldest timeshares in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. It does not have the number of amenities that the newer resorts have. I have stayed at many area resorts and Spanish Cove would not be one that I would be trying to book. Sorry to tell you this but if you look on Ebay or other sites you will see people trying to sell resorts like this for $1...and still not getting buyers. My best advice is to bite the bullet and give it away. The best you can hope for is for someone to take it and then at least you are out from under the maintnance fees.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,071 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

The ironic thing about this request is that all over the world people are paying thousands of dollars and in some cases tens of thousands to buy timeshare from developers yet one cant sell second hand timeshare for a dollar. Go figure and can someone tell me why that is

6. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 18:05
7. Re: Anyone have any problems selling or buying a timeshares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 06:21