We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Nokomis, Florida...
2 posts
Save Topic
Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Is it a good idea to sell Marriott and RCI timeshares and get into saver express? Need answer FAST. Please.

1. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 11:48
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,850 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Don't you like your Timeshare? Do you want to get rid of it? What is Saver express? Never heard of it.

Thanks.

3. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 11:57
Reading...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

We were charged an upfront fee of $4,000 and told there is a yearly membership fee of $139. It still seems cheaper than a timeshere, but do they really have access to what they claim?

Logan, Utah, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

What Kind of membership did you buy? We just bought a Platinum membership and paid $8,000.00 for it. We also got a 7 night 8 day trip to Kauai which includes airfare and a condo with our membership. Wondering if we got a good deal.

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

We got our money back. I suggest you do the same!! We paid $5,600 for a package that gave us 3 time share weeks a year and unlimited discounts everything else they supposedly offer. After purchasing, I came home and started to research the company. I wasnt able to find much info on the internet at all. To me this was a huge red flag. I would think there would be more info on blogs etc. if they have as many members as they claim they do. I was sick to my stomach thinking that we had most likely been had for almost $6,000. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is! The bigger scam was the gift that they gave you for coming to the presentation! Im hoping your free trip isnt coming from the same company ours was supposed to come from. We were supposed to get 2 free airline tickets anywhere in the US and bonus offers of a 2 night getaway or a cruise from a company called "Fly America". There is boatloads of info on the internet if you Google them. Huge scam! Anyway, I hate to rain on your parade, but I would get my money back If I were you. I also had a problem with the fact that you dont get your membership # & password to access Savers Express website to checkout the discounts until after your right to cancel is over. You cant even go on to the Savers Express site and verify if what you purchased is really true or available. I actually called Savers Express and told them I was thinking of buying a membership. I asked if I could get a quote on a cruise to see what kind of discout I would get. Our sales guy at the presentation told us that they get the best deals or specialize on cruises.

They were able to give me a quote on a cruise. I then went to the cruise line's site and Costco Travel's site and checked the price for the exact same cruise, same catagory, same date & everything. Costco Travel was a few hundred dollars cheaper than Savers Express.

You have 5 business days to cancel. I thought it was going to be a HUGE hassel to get the charges on my credit card reversed. In a panic I callled my credit card company & told them my problem just to cover myself. Anyway, I emailed a scanned copy and my signed and dated cancellation notice to the service that handles all of the money for the sales company. To my surprise the refunded me within a few days. Thankfully. Like I said, I was ready for a fight.

Just out of curiosity, where was your presentation?

Sorry to be such a downer about this but It makes me sick that this is going on. I sent a message after I purchased like you did & someone was nice enough to message me back & tell me to get my money back. Im so glad I did!!

Good luck!

Edited: 20 July 2013, 04:32
Logan, Utah, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Thanks for your reply. The presentation we went to was in northern Utah. Your statement about if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is says it all.

8. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 11:53
Reading...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Hi Doug,

How do we get in contact with you?

I have asked for a vacation in Hawaii and St Martens for 4 people and both times they could only get 1 br or hotel rooms. I told them I did not want hotel rooms and they listed them anyway. I want 2 br units, but it does not seem like your company or at lest the agents handling my request can find any.

10. Re: Saver express better than owning Marriott timeshare?

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 11:53