We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sellling a Timeshare

Mesa, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Sellling a Timeshare

Does anyone have any knowleget of a company called U Vacation Properties. They have sent me a proposal to purchase my Ed Cid Mazatlan Resort vacation membership. The offer has a Dallas, TX address, but there is nothing out there on them.

Colorado
Level Contributor
945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

Maybe ask on Timeshare Users Group. Lots of scams out there

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,140 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

Whatever you do, do not pay them any money! Zero, zip, nada! Even if they say they have a buyer and need the money to begin the legal work.

3. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 11:30
4. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 11:30
5. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 15:35
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,080 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

What was the proposal and what did they want from you?

Leesburg, Virginia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

I got an offer from u vacation properties as well for my El Cid timeshare in Cozumel. What did you find out? They sent a written offer for it.

Colorado
Level Contributor
945 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

Pay no $ upfront , usually phony fees. Tell them they can take a larger % of the sale proceeds and watch them disappear.

New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

I also got the same inquiry from U Vacation Properties about selling our timeshare. Tina & Marc- what did you end up doing or finding out? Thanks!

Nipomo, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sellling a Timeshare

They are offering me $16,900 for my El Cid Mazatlan Studio Unit. Thinking of moving forward to see what happens.