We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Site on vacation

PA
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Site on vacation

What is with this forum??? Have been planning several trips and for the past several days and perhaps a week or 2 this forum has been "on vacation" Today for the first time I got to read a bunch of reviews published while I could not access this site. WHATS GOING ON????

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,961 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Site on vacation

The forum has been working fine for me every day for the past week or 2.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Site on vacation

I've occasionally had the same problem, and I can't figure it out. Eric, if you can actually still read this reply, I found that I could get to a topic that I had posted in by going back through my own posts -- rather than follow the menu.

My hunch is its a technical matter for their webmaster.

Brit -- my problems were about two or three weeks back... none recently.

PA
Level Contributor
67 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Site on vacation

Thanks for the follow-up. .Nice to know not alone and shall leave to the webmasters to keep the site running well!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Site on vacation

I had that same problem a few weeks ago and tried cleaning my cache and all sort of possible fixes suggested by others without success I went away for a few days and when I returned it was working like a charm.. so I have no idea what caused it. or how the problem was resolved. I did get that same "the site is on vacation" page.

Glad to know I was not the only one who had the problem. Hope yours gets resolved too..

5. Re: Site on vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:19