We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

ou may have seen my posts on how to bet to Prince Rupert during my trip to Banff and Jasper.

Question…for those that may have been bear watching in Prince Rupert and in Kings Inlet - just curious if you can give a view on the difference. What you liked one vs another.

I know this might seem hard, but I am trying to take all things into consideration when making my choice. - how to get there, price etc.

right now it might be easier to Kings Inlet, but it is also more expensive to actually stay at the lodges and do the tours.

I am not sure if we will be going in June, July or August. i know if we go late August we can view on the platforms with the Samon at Kings Inlet …but if not then it will be via the river.

Anyway,…any comments between the two for the actual bear watching would be great. Thanks.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

You mean Knight Inlet.

"I am not sure if we will be going in June, July or August."

Then there's little to advise to give you apart from saying don't let price be a determining factor-easy for me to say of course but you'll only do the trip once.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

Dang it. Yes I meant knights inlet. I hate when I do that. But I don't think I can change the title. Maybe I should delete and repost.

(One time I posted bear sprat instead of bear spray in the title for Yellowstone. I got a lot of funny comments and some people said they read not just for the title ;-)

I do believe if I don't do this trip now. I will in the future and focus on it.

Even if I go in the future I am having a hard time on would I go in spring for babies and close to river or go for the samon.

So sounds like it may make a difference on the preferred place dependent on time of year ??

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,642 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

And the salmon run! Some years are better than others. That doesn't happen until September some years though....

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

Knight Inlet-no added 's' no matter what some sloppy people say and Yes I have been there/seen many a Bear.

Note Salmon runs are earlier the further north you travel that's why it's impossible to advise you except to say use a reputable operator who knows what Bears will feeding on & where.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

How did this end up in the Timeshares / Vacation Rentals forum ?

bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

This should not have been in the time share forum!! sorry for that..and I wasn't getting notified of the updates or I would have jumped in sooner.

I apologize for all the typos. I should not type on my phone with out glasses!

Also thanks on the input for the Salmon run earlier…when I know my exact dates (waiting on timeshares) then I might post again.

7. Re: Prince Rupert vs Kings Inlet for Bear Watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:18