We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong Bay Vacation Club

Taree, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Patong Bay Vacation Club

Just wanting to know if there is anyone who has purchased a full membership to Patong Bay Vacation club and used the bonus weeks. Also how have you found the membership. Looking for some feedback as recently joined.

Canberra
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

I recently attended a presentation I requested 24 hrs to review but this was turned down and so I paid a deposit. The next morning I discovered the forums and after learning of other peoples experiences I notified my bank and lodged a dispute to the transaction. I learned that I was entitled to a 10 day cooling off period and that I should email my resignation to the Club and forward a copy to my bank within the 10 day period. I followed this advice and received a full refund on my visa card. Lesson learned, if it looks too good then it probably is

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

<<I recently attended a presentation I requested 24 hrs to review but this was turned down and so I paid a deposit. >>

You are lucky that you didn't buy or at put down a deposit on a Mexican timeshare, you probably would have lost your money.

Why though did you cancel your intended purchase?

Canberra
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

Kiaora, you have read all the posts so you already know the answer.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

Bobydog I have read many posts pertaining to timeshare purchase, some of which left a lot to be desired, in other cases people attended presentations, purchased timeshare and have been very happy with the purchase. I myself attended a presentation when I bought my first one. Something attracted you to buy and something changed your mind. I am curious as to what changed your mind. I am well aware of how the presentations work, they are the same all over the world almost to the letter. That is why they are so successful.

Canberra
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

Beanb41 very simply, we were told that this was not a timeshare program, I have been down that road in the past and enjoyed my time then, I was not interested in doing it again and would not have gone down the joining path had I known. I was tempted by the presentation that offered a weeks accommodation at very low rates around the world etc etc. When I became aware of other peoples shared information I determined to opt out of the program within the cooling off period. That's it in a nut shell, end trans.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

Fair comment. Understand perfectly and thank you for you honest opinion.

<< we were told that this was not a timeshare program>>. This statement is not an uncommon experience by complainants about Timeshare touts.

The disappointing thing about these complaints is that if Timeshare was marketed properly I am convinced that there would be as many people on the uptake without the aggravation these presentations gender.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

After reading these posts it looks I have been taken in by the Patong Bay vacation group. Was told this was not time share.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,020 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

"Vacation Club" ot "Holiday Club" are pretty good indications that there is a TImeshare type connection

9. Re: Patong Bay Vacation Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:15