We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singles Trip

Los Angeles...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Singles Trip

I am dying to get away this summer and go on an outdoor tour.

I am looking for the following:

1. So I am looking at good adventure tours in Canada, Europe, or even the good old USA!!

2. I am traveling by myself and would like to meet fellow single travelers

3. They should be in the 26-35 age range

4. It cannot be too strenous, I am not a "hiker" but like to go out but not climb a mountain

BUT I really need help knowing what companies are good, and look forward to your feedback!

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singles Trip

Don't know anything about companies, but at least I've got some suggestions about interesting ways:

The Pilgrims's way (Spain):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St_James or

www.wildernesstravel.com/itins/pilgrim.html

in case you like cycling, you could do parts of the North Sea Cycle route:

http://www.northsea-cycle.com/

Romantic Road (Germany):

http://www.worldwalks.com/road.htm#ITINERARY

Weser Hills Way (Germany):

walking-in-germany.co.uk/walkextra.htm#weser

walking along the baltic sea (Germany): - unfortunately, only in German but may be the map gives you an idea:

www.wanderbares-deutschland.de/page.php…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Singles Trip

Great suggestions above. Also try -

www.gapadventures.com

www.intrepid.com

www.exodus.co.uk

Depending on what you want, just google activities. There are plenty of guided tours that are walking and cycling based (and you don't need to be super fit). Also, what about a trip through the canals of France? That's on my do-do-list one of these days.

The only thing with these suggestions is that they don't have age restrictions, so you're not guaranteed to meet people in your specified age group or that are particularly single. If that's really improtant to you, you migh want to do a Contiki (or similar) tour.

Come back and tell us how you get on.

Mez.

england
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Singles Trip

Hi,

I wondered if you had tried Explore. They're a great company and I also wanted adventure but nothing to exhausting and travelled to Thailand in 2005 with them. they also do trips everywhere worldwide.

The USA toll free number is 800 227 8747. As I'm from UK the website might be different for you but has loads of info on www.explore.co.uk

my friend went to Cuba and Egypt with them and is now working her way around the world to gain 5% off new trips! I hope to do the same!

Happy holiday hunting

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singles Trip

have you thought about contiki www.contiki.com

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singles Trip

Hi

I have been on (and greatly enjoyed) some trips with exodus - they grade their trips so you can see whether they focus on sightseeing, or climbing mountains - or mostly, something in between. Although they have no age restriction, most people are in the age group you mention, and I'd say about half are singles.

I've been with them to Vietnam, India, Nepal and Morocco and not had a duff trip amongst them.

The website is www.exodus.co.uk

Hope you find a good trip!

6. Re: Singles Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions