We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agent recommendation?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
21 helpful votes
Travel Agent recommendation?

I'm looking for a travel agent to help me plan and book a two-week driving tour of Scotland. I'd rather deal with a smaller, more personal agent than one of the behemoths. Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
48,797 posts
26 reviews
94 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel Agent recommendation?

Im not sure youve got the right Forum for your inquiry

This Theme Forum was created ( see Top Questions section) to discuss Outdoor Adventure travel, in a general way and is not Destination specific

Tripadvisor does not have an area to Review Travel Agents or Agencies either, so no one can vet them for you

ALSO... Tripadvisor does not permit the usage of Their Forums so travel agents or tour guides can promote their businesses /advertise their services /Attract customers for financial gain.

Unfortunately, some tour companies Advertise anyway..,

Id be suspect of those violating the Tripadvisor posting rules, or contacting you privately, as an underhanded way to obtain business here

Edited: 18 March 2024, 14:44
Somerset, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
55,000 posts
67 reviews
120 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel Agent recommendation?

I see you've posted in Scotland. Are you planning to book your own flights and transfers from France and then picking up some travel agent in another country.

I can't quite understand.

Surely your best bet would be to post on your local forum in Paris - but that would give you a standard tour used by them.

Certainly using a Scottish tour and booking it yourself would be a better answer. Then you just have to get yourselves there.

First you need some idea of what you want to see and do.

Reply to: Travel Agent recommendation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.