We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Sunnyvale
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

My fiance and I are looking at several destinations for our honeymoon. We'd love to get your stories about where you went (and liked) or where you wish you went instead. We have some ideas but wanted to see if others had recommendations we might be overlooking.

Here are some basics about what we're looking for and where:

Travel time: August, September, October or November

Feel of trip: Half active (outdoors, kayaking, hiking, sightseeing, cultural), and half relaxing (beach, great food, and snorkeling)

Some places we've been looking at:

Mexico: Playa Del Carmen, Tulum

Central/South America: Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Belize, Peru, Argentina, Nicaragua, Panama

Asia/Pacific: Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand

Thanks!

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Take a look at France's Provence region. It has everything you list, perhaps with the exception of snorkeling, though I wouldn't be surprised to learn it ahs that, too. It's one of our favorite places with natural beauty, excellent food and wine, friendly people, history everywhere and a great variety of things to do and see.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Hi there,

We married in the depths of winter,just after Christmas almost 35 yrs ago.I was still sudying and we had little money to spare.We spent five days in a little cottage on Dartmoor,Devon.Although cold outside we had a wonderful time.

Of the places you mention,I have only been to Thailand and New Zealand,both of which I recommend.

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Phuket which is an amazing resort although a little remote from nightlife.The sunsets are very romantic.

NZ is becoming more and more popular for honeymoons and you would certainly be able to do some wonderful hikes,including the heli-hike on the glaciers.There's also plenty of opportunity for snorkling and kayaking.Go as late as possible in the year and if ou ant beaches consider the north island or Abel Tasman in the south.We spent a month touring both islands and celebrated a birthday,Christmas and a wedding anniversary there.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
8,472 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

hello orangeBlue:

I married 20 years ago and we went to Bariloche and San Martin de los Andes (Patagonia Argentina). They are beautiful places.

But if i should have a new honeymoon.., I choose definetely ;" VENICE" (Italy).....the best romantic place to me........now.

( jajajajja, i follow to dreaming.....!)

Excuse my poor english....i beleive you undersand me!

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
655 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

I second the motion to go to New Zealand. We've been there twice; one trip to both islands, and the second trip to the South Island only.

Within a reasonably short distance you can find every outdoor activity you can imagine. Visit the Southern Alps, kayak among Fjords, watch great wildlife, enjoy a quiet beach, great food, etc.

If you want to get from place to place quickly, I believe there is still an in-country airline package you can buy that lets you fly from city to city with only 1 day notice, so you can be extremely flexible with your itinerary.

Sunnyvale
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Thanks everyone - these are some great ideas. We've both traveled to Europe a few times so I think we may try something new. Yesterday I found that Quantas is offering a special Aussie Pass $1099 round trip plus 2-3 flights within Australia - but I noticed two people highly recommended New Zealand. I'll need to take a look at flight options there. It sounds great.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

I got married in Las Vegas then we hired a motorbike and spent two weeks touring the national parks in Arizona and Utah. It was fantastic, I loved the scenery so much.

For my next honeymoon (first honeymoon was more fun than first husband!) my partner and I would love to go to Patagonia and then some beautiful quiet beach.

New Delhi, India
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

i would prefer Leh and Ladakh in India, tough bike tour for 15 days....

That is awesome...drviving bike at the height of nearly 6000 ft..

That is thrilling.

Travelguruz

http://alanheib.travelencia.com

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

My husband and I got married in March of 2005- We did a three part vacation to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Los Angeles, then the islands of Tahiti (Bora Bora and Moorea)-

It was fabulous. Only one problem- We were gone for 3 weeks- Mexico has tons of adventures and LA was just one big party, but once we hit Tahiti- it was just beautiful water, fishes, and beaches- For the adventure people we are, we soon got bored. Sounds awful for people who got to swim with sharks and sting rays- But if we had to do it again... Tanzania for safari and Zanzibar for beaches- That's my new dream vacation :)

Enjoy it!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

We were in Costa Rica last summer for 10 day...5 days inland (Arenal) right by a volcano. That was so fun. We hiked, rode ATV's, ziplined, went to hotsprings, etc. Then we went to the Pacific coast for the last 5 days and relaxed on the beach (Manuel Antonio). There is also a park that you can hike through there. It was the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation. Also, inexpensive too, which was so great. We're looking to go back in a few months.

Florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

HI!!!!

I went to Taveuni, Fiji last Jan 2006 & it was fabulous though I went solo. I took an inclusive package at Maravu Plantation Resort & Spa & I did not regret a bit. The resort has their own beach property & a small island they call "Honeymoon Island" where you can enjoy staying whole day for snorkeling & relaxing. You can also avail of their trip to Korelevu, another islet for snorkeling. You can go up to the tophill of the property on horseback or just go for an early hike. You bike around the whole island, it is safe & very laid back. The people are nice. Cultural wise, each resort in the island have their own events like nightly reading & sharing KAVA (it's safe) & once a week presentation from the local school. You can go to Buoma Natl Park where you can hike up to the third layer of the falls,you will hike going up the 2nd & 3rd falls. I only made it to the 2nd fall. You

pick the right months to GO, it will be fabulous but the rate is higher than the rainy season w/c is early part of the year. Get the inclusive, then you don't have to worry where to eat, the food was great. The only expense you will pay are the excursions. And don't miss the SPA, after your hike, Mere will take of you.

Have a wonderful trip & E N J O Y!!!

If you decide to see Maravu say HI!! to everybody the staff are so friendly & very nice people...

Cleo

Get answers to your questions