We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Sunnyvale
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

My fiance and I are looking at several destinations for our honeymoon. We'd love to get your stories about where you went (and liked) or where you wish you went instead. We have some ideas but wanted to see if others had recommendations we might be overlooking.

Here are some basics about what we're looking for and where:

Travel time: August, September, October or November

Feel of trip: Half active (outdoors, kayaking, hiking, sightseeing, cultural), and half relaxing (beach, great food, and snorkeling)

Some places we've been looking at:

Mexico: Playa Del Carmen, Tulum

Central/South America: Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Belize, Peru, Argentina, Nicaragua, Panama

Asia/Pacific: Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand

Thanks!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Kauai and Maui absolutely. Maui is great for snokeling. Great hiking too.

22. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2008, 15:40
Hønefoss Norway
Level Contributor
949 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Depends on what you're after, right ? Toscana or Cinque Terre, Liguria in Italy, well anywhere but Capri would suit me fine.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

I also think it depends on what you want to do.

My wife took our original honeymoon, over 16 years ago, with one week in Aruba and another week touring through the 1000 Islands of the St. Lawrence river / Gananoque Ontario / New Yor area. The first week was in Aruba and the second week we toured up the river, passing into the upper New York state, into New Hampshire, and back through Vermont. We stayed at some lovely B&Bs in New York, New Hampshire and Vermont. Of course, the second week tour was in mid-spring.

In my opinion (IMO), if we had to do it again, I think I would have taken my wife to Scotland (to visit cousins who couldn't make it to the wedding), and then tour around med-region of France and then into Switzerland from where we would fly back. The trip would be in the late spring if I could arrange it.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

While we didn't honeymoon there, I'd suggest Cape Breton Island, in Nova Scotia, Canada.

The scenery there is mountain/ocean, and there's a national park at the northern end of the island that's truly magnificent.

There are guiding companies at the northern tip that offer hiking, kayaking and on/off road tours. As well, a fair bit of self-guided hiking in the park itself, although admittedly we found these routes a bit tame.

We've visited that area a number of times, once in September, and found September to be glorious: crisp evenings, but sunny, clear days. No crowds, lots of whales and moose instead.

The beaches are long and nearly deserted, and the water is surprisingly warm.

The regional web site is www.northerncapebreton.com

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
80,679 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

OP was travelling "Travel time: August, September, October or November" of 2008

Old post - No need to reply

Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

We stayed here for our honeymoon. Romantic, magical, adventure packed, it had it all!

www.mytropicalhoneymoon.com

Congratulations!

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Honeymoon was in Portugal, i would definately go to Dubai now, have been a few times and love it to bits.

29. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2009, 13:35
California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: If you had to honeymoon all over again, where would you go?

Hi,

We'be been to Tahiti, NZ, Australia and SE Asia. And the place we want to go back to is the Southern beaches of Thailand. I'd say it rivals Bora Bora as the most beautiful place on earth. And, it has all the activities you mention you want to do.

Read my review on: around-the-world-travel-adventures.com/thail…