We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas!!

London
10 posts
Save Topic
Ideas!!

Me and my partner are looking to book a once in a lifelife amazing honeymoon.

We are both very adventurous and love active holidays like trekking, cycling, jumping out of planes.... etc etc... our 'problem' so to speak is that we have both travelled quite a bit and done a lot - trekking himalyas, sahara... backpacking around world... this rules out south america, most of asia, south east asia, australia, new zealand, russia and east and south africa and europe.

We are really looking for that amazing experience and going somewhere off the beaten track and somewhere remote. We love to move around a lot so somewhere where we can island hop or explore an area would be ideal. Money is not such a problem.

Can anyone help suggest a hidden gem? The world is a huge place and Im sure we havent seen it all!

:-)

1. Re: Ideas!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2011, 13:43
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,142 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas!!

Hi Anishi;

Have you considered Canada ? I think that the Rocky Mountains would be a good fit for you and your other half !

tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g659487-Canadian_Rock…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Cana…

Best Regards

Saint-Petersburg
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas!!

Why don`t you try to go to Russia: Kamchatka, Chukotka? there are many places that could be interesting if you`re looking for adventures

London
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas!!

Thanks - all good suggestions.... Im looking into some of them now!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
19 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas!!

First some "forgotten" & amazing islands:

- Socotra (if flying from/to Sanaa is possible again) in Yemen

- The japanese islands south to Okinawa

- Andaman and Nicobar in India

- Sao Tome y Principe

- Marquisean islands

- Solomon islands (eastern part)

Some "forgotten" countries:

- Djibouti (I love Djibouti)

- Uganda (a trek to the Ruwanzori)

- Northern Mozambique (North to Pemba)

- Alaska and the Aleoutian islands

Hope this may help, I had recently the same problem for my Honeymoon too ;)

6. Re: Ideas!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 15:05
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,142 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas!!

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

8. Re: Ideas!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 07:05
bonaire
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideas!!

dear guys!

Did you ever heard of the ABC Ilslands , the Dutch Caribbean.

Island hopping is here great. I can advise you if this is what you looking for.

YOu can do here biking, Go to the National Park, kayaking, Diving is very great!

Just let me know if I can help you.

I,m a wedding planner but i know because of this a lot of Bonaire. There is a link of youtube on my website , so you can see Bonaire. The other island are, Curacau, Aruba, St Maarten, St Eustagius and Saba

In Bonaire I can assist you with accomodation, but also I can give advise about flights.

Sunny Regards,

Lisette de Groot

Bonaire Dutch Caribbean

Port McNeill
Level Contributor
458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ideas!!

Have you considered Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

You could easily spend a week just in Victoria (the capital of BC) and the Gulf Islands. Doing a cycle trip in the Gulf Island is popular, get on a ferry, cycle to the other end of the island, and take a ferry to the next island, staying at B&Bs along the way. However, in my mind this is not that far off the beaten path).

To get further off the path you could do some challenging multi-day hiking on either the West Coast Trail or the North Coast Trail. Lots of short day hikes along the Juan de Fuca Trail, Pacific Rim National Park, Strathcona Provincial Park, and more local parks than possible to list. Or head to the Port McNeill / Telegraph Cove area of northern Vancouver Island for great scenery and remote wilderness. From here you can go whale watching, sea kayaking (a few hours to week long adventures), and grizzly bear viewing, plus learn about the local First nations culture.

A week will give you a small taste of the island and two weeks will let you start to do the island justice.

Have a look at the Vancouver Island forum for more ideas and to post specific questions tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154944-i206-Vanco…

Get answers to your questions