We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in early November

Yonkers, NY
6 posts
Save Topic
Skiing in early November

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip for our anniversary in early November, and I wanted to know if any one has any ski trip ideas for early November that is economically sound. Thanks for your help.

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in early November

I would feel confident in suggesting Wolf Creek near Pagossa Springs, CO. It consistently opens earlier than any other ski resort (though it has competition from Arapahoe Basin (also Colorado) and this past year Jay Peak (surprise, Vermont). I've been to both Wolf Creek and A-Basin in November, and early in the year I think Wolf Creek gives you more skiing options.

Only Jay Peak has lodging on the hill. For Wolf Creek it is a 25 minute drive to town. For A-Basin it is 10 minutes, plus there are other nearby ski hills that give you additional options if the snow is good.

In early November, the resorts associated with A-Basin (like Keystone and Breckenridge) have always cut me some extremely wonderful package deals. But at Wolf Creek I just drove into town and negotiated $50/night room for me and my son that while not luxury was perfectly acceptable. For that sort of savings, we didn't feel the need to have to watch our pennies with regard to meals or anything else we wanted to treat ourselves to.

Yonkers, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in early November

Thanks so much for the help :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in early November

hello,

didn't see this, actually it's exciting to say that we have had some skying activities but not on the snow or icy clubs...

this time has been different have you ever tried sandboarding on big sand dunes. in Morocco we have had this experience esp after has been rained and made the sand dunes wet and stick so we haven't any difficulties with it, it has been sort of fun time passing there.

we made it different then switzerland snow skies. but there has been another town the switzerland of Morocco called Ifran city which has the snow all the time, like the one in Euroup.

don't give it a miss.

Edited: 26 April 2011, 01:13
Yonkers, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing in early November

Wow that sounds great, but my be its better for our next big trip. Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing in early November

Hello,

You're welcome and if you have any questions about that feel free to ask, it's a great pleasure to give you as much as helpful answers.

have a good time,

Reagrs,

Sandy

Yonkers, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing in early November

Will do, thanks again.

Frisco, Colorado
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiing in early November

Copper Mountain is my favorite early season spot. Last November we had some massive storms and epic skiing conditions and most of the amenities are affordable during early season.

http://www.coloradogoldcamp.com

Yonkers, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Skiing in early November

Thanks, I'll look it up.

Hockessin, Delaware
Level Contributor
171 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skiing in early November

When I was in colorado Ski cooper not copper was open in Nov. Also I can t rember the name but there is a ski resort in oregon thats open with snow all year,

Yonkers, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Skiing in early November

That sounds great, maybe with some investigation I can find the resort in oregon.

Thanks!

Get answers to your questions