We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

Please help me to realize my dream!!

I am trying to find out where are the best spot to dive with Big fish like whaleshark, Rays, etc...

I will be in South Asia from January to May 2012?

Any suggestions??

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

Marcozuf>> talk about said activities with south asia, will recommend you India OR Maldives. Better if you can put this query to said countries and for sure destination expert will furnish.

HT

2. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2011, 17:00
3. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 15:48
Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

I don't know about South Asia for diving with the Whale Shark, but right off Isla Mujeres, Mexico is famous for the Whale Sharks

Bali, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

whalesharks: head to philippines (donsol)

manta rays: good spots of Bali (manta corner near nusa lembongan) but also throughout Indonesia ... esp. raja ampat (over on western side near papua)

i had a manta literally crusinng forward and backwards over my head ... site called 'manta sandy'

(take a liveaboard trip to raja ampat for best chance to see remote sites and therefore higher chance of pelagic action)

good luck!

Sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

Agreed Nusa Lembongan off Bali is a great place - we went there in July and saw heaps of Manta Rays and a sun fish - there's also reef sharks but we missed them the day we went out.

I'm now researching my next trip and the Philippines has everything! Donsol for guaranteed Whale shark sightings & manta rays, Bohol for Hammerhead sharks and thresher sharks. & devil rays... i can't wait to go!

Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

Off course indonesia the best for you to see many big fish..

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

A little further south, visit world renowed Ningaloo Reef, Australia for whalesharks.

westernaustralia.com/au/Destinations/Austral…

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

I am currently in Haa Alif atoll Maldives, this mornings dive we had 20 mobula Rays, 15 or so Manta's within 2 or 3 meteres of us, turtles, Eagle Rays and loads of macro stuff.

I have previously dived in Thailand and The Red Sea and there is NO comparison :-)

10. Re: Where to dive with big fish? Whaleshark, Rays etc... S. Asia

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 17:32
Get answers to your questions