We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski dubai

mayo
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
ski dubai

hi, my boyfriend and i are travelling to dubai in october. we are thinking of booking ski dubai. we are beginners and it says we need lessons before we can ski. do we book the ski pass first online......it is only showing group lessons available until the end of august. we are alittle confused as to how we go about booking the day pass and also the beginner lessons we need. any help would be grateful.thank you

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,592 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ski dubai

Hi ulsterlady;

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Dubai forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g295424-i872-Dubai.…

I would suggest posting your query on that forum as well.

Best Regards

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski dubai

I can't answer how they are selling the lessons or packages, but I can address what you need to know to learn to ski as I'm a ski instructor.

Generally, on a slope of the pitch they have at Dubai, a single 1 hour group lesson in your native language is all you really need to learn enough to have some fun. I have yet to have someone not learn to ski unless they simply gave up and quit. I've had a few, but very few, that I would offer them a second lesson just to be sure they were going to be OK. In my case, I would just put them in my next class, gratis. But I can't guarantee how that might work some place else. If you learn that typical class size is greater than 8, then you might want to consider going with a private (or in your case semi-private) lesson. The difference in cost is going to be worth it for the individual attention.

Know going in that you are going to fall, it's part of the learning process. So, learn how to fall properly, get back up, and go again. By the end of a lesson, my students can do that, go slow, go fast, stop under control and execute enough of a turn to stay out of danger. It takes about 1 more hour to begin making turns good enough to really control speed the way I want them to.

mayo
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ski dubai

thank you, thats great

4. Re: ski dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 12:18