We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Adventure Tours in India

Vadodara, India
1 post
Save Topic
The Adventure Tours in India

Have you ever experienced an adventure tour with your family members?

Edited: 26 March 2013, 07:28
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,359 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

Might be worth reading this thread about The Adventure Tours company (UK). Not sure if this is the exact same as the one you are asking about considering the generic nature of their name but would be good to review either way.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10701-k6077531…

Good luck in your holiday research and hope you find a nice holiday.

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

Get in touch with Fabian Tamang at Bigfoottreks. He is fabulous and can design a trip for you and your family. http://www.bigfoottrek.com/

3. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 18:13
New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

I couldn't disagree more. Recently organsied a trek with Fabian Tamang (Bigfoottrek) to Bhutan. The most civil way I can put it is that we got thoroughly cheated. He charged us the money upfront, outsourced the organisation to a local company. The company had done no homework and instead tried to sell us a 'cultural tour'. The guide they gave had never been on the trek before and was carrying a guide book with some faded maps!

In the end, we could only do a fraction of the two-week trek and had to return back.

Not surprisingly, since then Mr Fabian Tamang has refused to answer calls or respond at all. Clearly the intent was to cheat to start with, he had insisted on full payment before-hand, which we did. Never to see him or any of our money again!

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

Sorry that your trip was bad.

While it doesn't excuse the poor performance, the aspect of sub-contracting and pre-payment are Bhutanese rules. Bhutan requires all tour companies from outside Bhutan to work through a licensed Bhutanese company. And outside tour operators have to pay for the tour services in advance directly to the government, who in turn make payments to the local Bhutanese operator (after deducting the government taxes).

Without knowing why the trip ended early, it is impossible to comment on whether any compensation is due. You could try emailing the Bhutan Tourism Council about your trip, keep it factual and polite with company details, while they have little sway over the India tour operator, they could make sure the Bhutanese supplier does better in the future.

Ajmer, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

Yes I had been on a small adventure trip with family.

It included my wife, my cousins and their spouses and children with ages 9 to 15 years. We went Rishikesh and did some rafting, camping and hiking, later moving to Musoorie. If planned carefully and with everyone zealous, adventure tours are very successful with family too.

7. Re: The Adventure Tours in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2016, 05:15
Get answers to your questions