We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saddle skedaddle

northampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Saddle skedaddle

We have booked a biking holiday with saddle skedaddle travelling along the danube vienna-Bratislava-budapest however we cannot find any reference to hotels we may be staying in or indeed if they have swimming pools. has anybody travelled this route that could name a hotel or two that was used so we can gauge the facilities available.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,351 posts
5,586 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saddle skedaddle

Hello Xanthe0160,

I have no experience with this company but did find that they come up a few times in past forum threads here on TA when I inputed the name in the main Search Box on the Tripadvisor homepage.

It might be worth your time reading these replies and reaching out to the TA responders that used this company to learn more about the accommodations they experienced when they travelled with Saddle skedaddle.

Here is the search results link if interested.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=saddle+skedaddle+&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=&pid=3826&returnTo=__2F__

Good luck in your research and hope you've a great trip to Central Europe.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Saddle skedaddle

For a popular route like Danube, I imagine SS has multiple hotels they work with at each stop, as it is not always possible to get rooms for every date at your preferred hotel. As a result the ones that you will stay in might not be the ones that past guests tell you about.

Have you asked them for a hotel list for your trip? Most tour operators provide one as part of their guest information packet.

Once you get the confirmed list of hotels from SS, then you can start looking them up here at TA or on the internet.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saddle skedaddle

I don't have any experience with cycling holidays but the idea sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

I guess you are referring to this trip? https:/…view.rails

Looking forward to hear your experiences and to see if you found out anything about the trip in greater detail.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saddle skedaddle

We have done a few supported cycle tours with various companies and found that Saddle Skedaddle did select the best standard of hotel and our guide was great too. However, unfortunately there was only one vehicle / trailer for 12 of us, with 4 bike boxes and all our luggage. It was not enough.

With only one vehicle, any break down, cycle problem, late collection form the airport, medical emergency etc/etc. would mean no support which can mean no cycling. Of 10 days cycling, we lost one complete day and had a very late start on another day.

I would recommend Saddle Skedaddle but at their slightly higher prices would only book when there are two support vehicles.

northampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saddle skedaddle

We didn't use a guide we were self guided but they managed to support us although only missed luggage (our fault) and presumably everyone else that was self guided at our welcome meeting. Hope you had a good break I'd use them again.

Cape Town, South...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Saddle skedaddle

We booked a Saddle Skeddadle trip in France and it was a complete nightmare. Bikes broke down continuously, had to disconnect bake brakes travelling with kids. People could never fix bikes properly and finally got to our distinction with flat tires and all. They then made us wait over 6 hours for our luggage on departure with two tired kids. Avoid @saddleskedaddle at all costs!

northampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saddle skedaddle

Sorry you had a bad time of it. We travelled last year with them and they were fantastic.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Saddle skedaddle

Having just returned from a 5 day charity bike ride from Nice to Mount Ventoux in France with Saddle Skedaddle, I can say that they absolutely made the experience.

Professional, friendly and well organised. What a great team.

This is my 9th international charity ride and I can say without hesitation that they provided the best service I have experienced on such trips.

Shrewsbury, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saddle skedaddle

Have been with Skedaddle 3 times and just booked another-all guided. Everything has been brilliant-from booking onwards. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Have hired bikes twice and have been excellent. Lunches are excellent and guides brilliant. Accommodation good -but limited choice in many places. A great way to see a country.

10. Re: Saddle skedaddle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions