We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaska Flyfishing

Eagle Point, Oregon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alaska Flyfishing

I would like to fish for Arctic Char, Grayling & trout this summer. I will be traveling by myself & do not want to spend more than (2) days in any location. I would hire a well qualified fishing guide & need to know if I bring my own gear or gear is furnished by the guide.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alaska Flyfishing

Hi, Michaellsmith, I'd suggest you also post directly on the Alaska forum.

You'll find it here, click on the blue link below:

tripadvisor.com/ListForums-g191-i3-United_St…

It will help if you post how many days you will be in Alaska and where you will be flying in.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alaska Flyfishing

Bringing your own gear is the most advised thing while fishing. wish you the best but uganda too has got trout fish spots.

Angoon, Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Alaska Flyfishing

I have only trout fished in the Inside Passage of Alaska. There is good Trout Fishing on Admiralty Island. There is a number of lakes you can fly to that have USFS cabins to rent. There are also 2 lodges on the island that could help you out. They are Whalers Cove Lodge and Thayer Lake Lodge. For Admiralty Island, I would recommend 2 rods, a 4 weight and maybe a 7.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Alaska Flyfishing

A lot of outfitters provide tackle and gear, but not all.

If you have an idea of which rivers you want to fish, do some web searches for outfitters offering those spots and see if gear is provided. And as half-Brit mentioned, you should also check out the Alaska forum, search a bit and perhaps posts questions as well.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,458 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alaska Flyfishing

Alaska is known for great fishing almost state wide, but two areas come to mind - out on the Denali highway as well as the Kenai Peninsula. Posting on the Alaska forum will give you more feed back and help, if you are interested. :)

6. Re: Alaska Flyfishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 07:19