We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure tours

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure tours

I've just come back from an Explore tour around Mexico and am hooked, although I'd like to find a company that has a slightly younger customer base (this group was all around mid 60's & I'm early 30's).

Which company do you recommend? Intrepid? Contiki? Gecko?

Any help would be appreciated.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure tours

Depends on where you want to go. I have done two trips with Active Adventures. at. www.activeadventures.com. In general, I think that you will find that the more physically demanding a trip is, the younger the average age will be. And, given the cost of outdoor adventure treks, it is more likely that an older customer base will be able to afford them. I never could have gone on such a trip when I was in my 30s, but I can afford it now. But, in my 30s I was going backpacking and rock climbing, mountaineering etc. with friends and never would have thought about going on an organized group trip.

2. Re: Adventure tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:27
Get answers to your questions