We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian Rockies or Belize

Level Contributor
389 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian Rockies or Belize

I'm looking for feedback and posting this in a few forums. We're a family of 4 with an 18 & 22 year old. Looking to travel in July for about 10 days. Would like activities like hiking, zip lining, kayaking, horse back riding, etc as well as some "down time" for relaxing a bit also. I picked these 2 locations that we've never been to. They have a lot of similarities and differences as well. We're from NJ and I'm looking to compare experiences, costs, travel time etc. Any pros or cons, weather its the time of year, strength of US $ or personal experience would be appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian Rockies or Belize

You ask about the weather in July......July is one of the rainiest months of all in Belize...they average about 20 inches, and the temperature varies between 76 and 86 degrees....average of 81 F in July..Belize is lovely, but July is not the optimal time to visit.........weatherwise, July is one of the nicest months to visit the Canadian Rockies, and all of the activities you describe can be found close by....

Strasburg, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian Rockies or Belize

Revelstoke, Banff, Lake Louise ...... July is perfect!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian Rockies or Belize

How about Glacier National Park and Whitefish, MT. Great ziplining. July is high season up there.

4. Re: Canadian Rockies or Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions