We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit revelstoke for one day, or 5th day Vancouver Area?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Visit revelstoke for one day, or 5th day Vancouver Area?

Hi,

I am visiting BC in Late Sept. I'm coming from lake Louise by bus and hence had thought of stopping in revelstoke for 24 hrs en route. But, it seems to be mostly a mountain resort (?) and I'm not a skier. Also, would the park, lakes and landscapes be as good as I'd have seen in Rockies?

The alternative is to go direct to Vancouver from Rockies, making it 5 days instead of 4.

( maybe 2/3 city + 2/3 west coast / Islands?)

Im not a skier. prefer landscapes (walking, islands, & photography) and maybe canoeing or whale watching.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Also, what are the best places inc best places (eg islands) to visit outside Vancouver?

Thanks

Hugh

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit revelstoke for one day, or 5th day Vancouver Area?

Revelstoke area is pretty and has some decent hiking in the area. Skiing is not an issue in September, as there is no snow yet ;-)

The mountains are quite dramatic, especially if you get up on the trails, but perhaps not anything different than what you saw in the Rockies.

You might get more feedback however if you post your questions in the BC, Revelstoke and Vancouver forums:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g181775-i2305-Reve…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154943-i81-Vancou…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154922-i80-Britis…

2. Re: Visit revelstoke for one day, or 5th day Vancouver Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions