We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure in september

VHM
Bierbeek, Belgium
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Adventure in september

Could anyone suggest a great destination for a two and a half week vacation in september - october. The weather should be nice and we are looking for a combination of sightseeing (waterfalls, rivers, forests,...), leisure (swimming, snorkelig, kayaking,...), hiking, watching wildlife,... We've been to Australia, Hawaii, Canada, California, Arizona, Florida and most parts of Europe. New Zealand is planned for 2008.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,210 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure in september

check out thailand has it all

USA & Altai Kray...
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure in september

Russia's growing tourist industry, and Russian hospitality, have made much of their country easily accessible for traveling in recent years. Having just spent an exciting summer in Russia's Altai Region -- S.W. Siberia -- visiting extended family there, I can highly recommend it as a fascinating destination for adventure travel. My time there was an intriguing 3 whole months of wonderful experiences ranging from doing everyday family things to touring various cities and exploring many remote, out-of-the way places. Russia is fantastic! Picturesque, unique, a little bit mystical. Summers are lush and green and temperatures are moderate, although it can be a bit rainy. The summer countryside is lovely, filled with wildflowers. September/IOctober will see the onset of autumn. Winter vacations can be most memorable for the Russian Orthodox Christmas and New Year celebrations and festivities. Centuries old Russian Orthodox churches and other unusual buildings dot the landscape everywhere. There are many interesting cities of all sizes to visit, and some remote tourist areas are really inviting with comfortable accomodations. Independent traveling or guided tours are both good options, depending on how adventurous you want to be.

Canada
Level Contributor
488 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure in september

Sounds like you need a trip to South America! Any of Peru, Argentina or Chile would be great to travel to in September/ October. I'd probably opt for Peru in September once the summer crowds have dies down, and it's still the dry season. But given your interests, I think you'd enjoy any of those countries.

New York
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure in september

I agree Thailand is so fun, beautiful, diverse and cheep. I went to the islands, very tropical and laid back!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure in september

I would agree with South America. If it was a different time of year I would say Belize or Costa Rica, but that is smack in the middle of hurricane season.

Saint-Petersburg
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Adventure in september

I agree that you should go to Russia. In september it`s not even very cold, so you could visit Siberia, Kamchatka or Chukotka and famous Lake Baikal of course.

Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adventure in september

I see everyone suggesting overseas destinations here. Definitely a good suggestion but don't miss out on a great trip into the Northeast US or East Canada around that time of year. If you have not experienced the fall colours around that area, then you should consider it. I took a trip with a company called Out For Adventure in BC but I see they also do trips into Algonquin Park in Ontario. (I keep bragging about them) Also, you could consider a self guided hiking tour into the same area or even the adirondacks in New York State. Are you into photography or just sightseeing?

Andy

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adventure in september

Try Sri Lanka - avoid Colombo and the Northern parts. You can get more info from the Sri Lanka forum. The beaches are great, going upto the mountain region where the tea plantations are and more. Things are so cheap that your Euro will go a long way.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adventure in september

Oh, terrific! This is the chance I get to point out to others something I admit that I've done before and had pointed out to me, sometimes not too politely--you've replied to an OP a year and a half old! Not to worry, though, as everyone does it sometimes. Let's hope the OP had a good time wherever.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adventure in september

Ha ha - the poor guy is on his way to NZ now.

Get answers to your questions